Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

First morning in what must be months where there wasn't that all too familiar chill in the air.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain in Leitrim, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Rainy af in Dublin and looks like the sun wont be out tomorrow either, Sunday still looking decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Clousy in Sligo

Phone App said it would stay like this all day
    but Met Eireann had sun.

Lets see whos right

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Damp morning in Naas but it's slowly improving and brightening up, I'd say it will be a nice afternoon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

grey and dull here in Cork but no rain.. yet... I think some is on the way.. but then hopefully it will be be dry for a few days

pauldry wrote: »
    Clousy in Sligo

Phone App said it would stay like this all day
    but Met Eireann had sun.

Lets see whos right

I listen to the Met Eireann forecast just before 8am on the radio every day. A complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

11 degrees here in Dublin and still raining.

It's miserable. A great start to the ' heatwave"

I want to see MM do his speech this evening out in the rain, while taking about outdoor summer dining until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry morning here in Castlebar with good sunshine and just light winds.

At least it's still Spring technically, I don't see anything remarkable in forecasts on the way but hopefully it starts to feel like summer at some stage in June and stays that way for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

and stays that way for a while

That’s the hard part! A sustained spell like 2013, 2014 and 2018 would be most welcome

esposito wrote: »
    That’s the hard part! A sustained spell like 2013, 2014 and 2018 would be most welcome

Yeah I mean it's unlikely but one can but dream :(

Looks like phone app was right (as it is about 60% of time)
    as opposed to Met Eireann (for here which is probably less than 50%)

Phone app has tomorrow cloudy until afternoon possibly 1pm
    Met Eireann similar so universal agreement that there "might" be a sunny afternoon here.

Both have a wet misty morning though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

my iphone app is always way off, ME app not much better.. YR.NO is the most accurate I find..

Yes the Norwegian Met Office know more about our weather than our own. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This band of rain which moved in from the west is very slow moving over the Irish sea with higher pressure of our east, so it's likely to remain damp across some eastern areas till tomorrow. Tomorrow to Tuesday looks decent enough although cloud could persist at times but temperatures should get to the high teens in many areas, possibly reaching 20 or 21C in one or two sunny spots inland.

Mt Dillon probably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Another rotten day so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

US2 wrote: »
    Another rotten day so far

Hopefully today is the last of the chilly days for a while. The outlook for June is looking very mixed but at least the temperatures look like staying average to slightly above normal for the forseeable future, we seem just about done with the very cool to cold temperatures of the past 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Any chance of the sun breaking out in the midlands by day's end? Met E has it cloudy, was hoping for a chink of sun to sit out with beer in hand.

• Advertisement

Still raining. The ground is utterly sodden.

Yes app was even more right than Met Eireann. It had rain in afternoon drifting Westwards.

Its now raining after a bright morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gonzo wrote: »
    Hopefully today is the last of the chilly days for a while. The outlook for June is looking very mixed but at least the temperatures look like staying average to slightly above normal for the forseeable future, we seem just about done with the very cool to cold temperatures of the past 2 months.

I hope you're right. Had plenty sunshine over the last 2 months but can't remember felling warm at any stage.

Just started raining again now, the grass is going to grow like mad over the week

Had a lovely run in the wind and rain at lunch, hands numb from the cold! At least travel may be allowed from July, this is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Had a lovely run in the wind and rain at lunch, hands numb from the cold! At least travel may be allowed from July, this is just ridiculous.

Drizzle in East Clare it was a cloudy but dry and warm morning in East Clare..

Run done, luckily no gloves needed !!

rain has stopped and temperature has SHOT up to 14c

Sun in whiter clouds now so you can see it at least from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dull and grey all day today but dry thankfully.

Every time I check they seem to be downgrading temps and amount of sun for the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Feeling warm here in the west now . Newport 19 degrees at 4pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There's been a bright thing in the sky all day and my face feels warm. No idea what it is :)

Advertisement