Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does age/mileage matter a lot?

Options
  • 26-05-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I've always rented cars when I needed them for weekends etc but I'm considering buying a 2nd hand automatic car preferably a Mercedes Benz from a reputable dealer. I don't want to spend too much either so just wondering what parameters does one keep while looking for one?

1) Is it advisable to go for cars older than 2014 or ones that have mileage > 100k Kms or does that not matter as long as it has been maintained well?

2) I live in Dublin so should I buy one from a dealer around Dublin so that it's easy to get repairs etc done or does that not matter at all?

3) Also would be great if someone could recommend a good Mercedes Benz dealer in & around Dublin.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

I've always rented cars when I needed them for weekends etc but I'm considering buying a 2nd hand automatic car preferably a Mercedes Benz from a reputable dealer. I don't want to spend too much either so just wondering what parameters does one keep while looking for one?

1) Is it advisable to go for cars older than 2014 or ones that have mileage > 100k Kms or does that not matter as long as it has been maintained well?

2) I live in Dublin so should I buy one from a dealer around Dublin so that it's easy to get repairs etc done or does that not matter at all?

3) Also would be great if someone could recommend a good Mercedes Benz dealer in & around Dublin.

1. Some insurance companies are difficult to get insurance on a 10 year old car. They won't tell you this but they just jack up the price. So you need to check this. In terms of age/mileage it depends on how they are kept/serviced etc. You can have a 200k km car running better than a 50k km car because it was serviced correctly. With higher mileage just get a mechanic or a full check done by a company plus longer warranty is better. Companies like Windsor and some external provide extended

2. Doesn't matter which dealer, if you get extended of course easier if you are beside in case you need repairs

3. For the type of car you are buying I expect you wont get from a main dealer. The main dealers dont sell older or higher mileage cars. I don't know any dealers after that, Windsor as mentioned sell everything and do extended warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Try Fitzpatrick Mercedes in Naas. I dealt with them before, great service and a but cheaper than I found in other places. They would have a few ex fleet c class.

Advertisement