Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car recommendation annual mileage 5000km

Options
  • 27-05-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am just looking for recommendations for a budget of about 4,500 euro. It will be a weekend use car for about 100km mileage a week which will include one round trip on the motorway of 50km. I have a full license but haven't drove in about 5 years so insurance is a factor i.e 1.2 litre or lower. The car I was considering would be a 2010 or 2011 car. I was thinking of a small car i.e fiesta, Yaris, Mazda 2 etc. I am 6 foot in height but these type of cars should be fine. I know my mileage will be low but another reason to get a car is to build up my NCB again. Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

Honda Fit/Jazz are nice

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27387252

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Prius

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

User1998 wrote: »

That's a Jap Import so insurance will not be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

Insurance is different for everyone. I’ve had a Jap imports and insurance was no more expensive than any other car. Just shop around like you normally would and find the best price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cheers for the feedback. What about a Yaris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Nissan leaf...

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback. What about a Yaris?

Cheap as chips to run....

I can fit in one so you be grand

What's the opinion on a Ford Fiesta. I could afford a 2010 or 2011 one if I went privately.

billyhead wrote: »
    What's the opinion on a Ford Fiesta. I could afford a 2010 or 2011 one if I went privately.

Fiesta are a good car alright, biggest issue I had with previous model to that was the plastic trim where gear stick was sticking out into left leg....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What about a Renault Clio?

For example:

OWI4MGE5YzNiNDc0MWFiYmVjM2QwZWI3OGQzYWIyYjdsA5c4X-eKS-VpZb6al98baHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODIwMDc5NTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-1-2l/28267946

Seller has multiple cars for sale so is a dealer of some sort.

• Advertisement

Does this seem overpriced and are Renault Clios reliable?https://www.donedeal.ie/cars/Renault/Clio/Dublin
    Anyone know what there like on the motorway?
    Bazz26,
    Thanks for the link to the Clio but it's in Cork. I would rather not have to travel outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They will be the same as any small car on the motorway to be honest. Generally fine but the small engines tend to get a bit noisy at motorway speeds and a strong cross wind can make them shake a bit.

bazz26 wrote: »
    They will be the same as any small car on the motorway to be honest. Generally fine but the small engines tend to get a bit noisy at motorway speeds and a strong cross wind can make them shake a bit.

Would you think that Clio linked is overpriced?

It's like anything you could buy a Toyota and have nothing but trouble amd buy a Hyundai or fiat and it all good etc etc....

Look at Hyundai i20, Yaris, Clio, fiesta....
    Honda jazz or fit

Advertisement