Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling an EV

• 27-05-2021 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hey boards

Looking to upgrade my 192 e-Niro to a Tesla M3 but I'm quite put off by the very low trade in Tesla are offering.

I'm reluctant to sell privately and would prefer to sell to a garage/other company - where in Dublin would you recommend (or online) for these sorts of things that offer decent prices?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hey boards

Looking to upgrade my 192 e-Niro to a Tesla M3 but I'm quite put off by the very low trade in Tesla are offering.

I'm reluctant to sell privately and would prefer to sell to a garage/other company - where in Dublin would you recommend (or online) for these sorts of things that offer decent prices?

Trade in and garage and decent price can’t be placed in the same sentence.
    To get decent figures, you have to advertise privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It could to be tricky selling a car with only two years on it privately.
    People will probably go for the peace of mind spending that kind of cash with a dealer instead.

The 7 year manufacturer's warranty will help, make sure to push this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Hey boards

Think of it like this, if it takes 2 hours of cumulative work to sell the car and nets you an extra €2k over what Tesla offered, then that's a grand an hour

Find me another way to make that much money legally :)

E-Niros have no problems selling, lots of demand for those cars

If you have a full service history and paperwork, remaining warranty from Kia and price it well then you'll sell it in no time

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

biko wrote: »
    It could to be tricky selling a car with only two years on it privately.
    People will probably go for the peace of mind spending that kind of cash with a dealer instead.

The 7 year manufacturer's warranty will help, make sure to push this point.

Still will fetch much better money than selling to a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I f you do decide to go the private sale route, which I think is your best option, you could put it here for free - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057599743&page=86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm quite put off by the very low trade in Tesla are offering.

Tesla don't do trade-ins. If you insist you want to dump your old car with them, all they do is ring 3 traders and give you the best of the 3 offers they will give them. Obviously these values will be brutally low compared to even the private sale value of your car

In other words: sell the car yourself, unless you don't mind losing out on several thousand euro

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Tesla don't do trade-ins. If you insist you want to dump your old car with them, all they do is ring 3 traders and give you the best of the 3 offers they will give them. Obviously these values will be brutally low compared to even the private sale value of your car

In other words: sell the car yourself, unless you don't mind losing out on several thousand euro
    Or tens of thousands in some case.

Advertisement