Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

October 2021

1235

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Gupta


    I was called about it last Wednesday by the hospital, Vaccination Centre then called me Friday, appointment booked for Sunday morning. I'm not in Dublin if it makes a difference.


  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute


    Mary851 wrote: »
    To those of you who have gotten the vaccine, how long from when you registered until you got a call? I registered last week with Holles St via email and anxious to get it before I chicken out of it.

    Butting in from the Nov thread - I registered my interest on the Tuesday and got a call that Friday. I was getting disheartened hearing friends get calls within a matter of hours but they must be swamped.


  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭ carleigh


    I’m undecided whether to get the vaccine or not. I’m almost 20 weeks and my 2 year old had a reaction to all his immunisations, he ended up in either hospital or out of hours care due to reactions and for any more he needs eg jabs when he is of school age, he has to get them in the hospital so that he can be monitored. I’m relatively healthy, I’ve been working from home since March last year, and besides seeing my parents (that are fully vaccinated) and the weekly shop, I’m pretty much a hermit at this point! I understand the risks of not getting vaccinated but I’m worried this baby could have a reaction as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary851


    Thanks for the replies. I had thought the hospital would call us and hadn't realised they had started vaccinating patients until a friend mentioned it. I can imagine the HSE cyber problems are causing a lot of issues.


  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute


    Mary851 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I had thought the hospital would call us and hadn't realised they had started vaccinating patients until a friend mentioned it. I can imagine the HSE cyber problems are causing a lot of issues.

    I'm getting my info from Instagram and Twitter, which isn't exactly the fairest way of broadcasting if you don't use social media! Recommend following your maternity hospital though, plenty of info out of Rotunda and Holles St on there.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22


    I emAiled the hospital and got a call the next day with an appointment the next day but that was at the very start and before the cyber attack


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary851


    Thanks for directing me towards instagram/ twitter...plenty of info on there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22


    It really is a decision you can only make and what you feel is best! My reasoning was everything’s opening up and I wanted to be able to go and meet friends and go out to eat with being terrified. Also I did some reasearch which was pretty reassuring. I was happy enough to get the flu jab and whooping cough. But again it really is a decision only you can make.
    carleigh wrote: »
    I’m undecided whether to get the vaccine or not. I’m almost 20 weeks and my 2 year old had a reaction to all his immunisations, he ended up in either hospital or out of hours care due to reactions and for any more he needs eg jabs when he is of school age, he has to get them in the hospital so that he can be monitored. I’m relatively healthy, I’ve been working from home since March last year, and besides seeing my parents (that are fully vaccinated) and the weekly shop, I’m pretty much a hermit at this point! I understand the risks of not getting vaccinated but I’m worried this baby could have a reaction as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ buffin


    I've heard that Holles St are expecting their next batch of appointments which they can register us for will be next Tuesday so hopefully we'll hear something then. I talked to them last week and they are just getting batches from the HSE and no control over number / locations but the next batch is looking like Tuesday, but not sure when the actual vaccines will be.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    I got my txt about the vaccine on Wednesday but still havent heard anything about an appointment. I’m in the coombe. Has anyone else got an app yet?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭ Kerry25x


    Week 21 now and finally feeling regular definite flutters! Had my 20 week scan last week and all seemed okay but I need to go back for a rescan next week because baby was too active on the day to get clear views on the heart!

    I know its very early but I'm getting started on decorating the nursery this week! Our tiny box room is good for nothing else anyway so I'm giving it a fresh coat of paint today and I've ordered some cute wallpaper for the feature wall. Baby will be in with us for the first 6 months anyway but this is just a fun little project to keep me busy! Anyone else thinking about nursery decor already?


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ skywayavenue


    Naid23 wrote: »
    I got my txt about the vaccine on Wednesday but still havent heard anything about an appointment. I’m in the coombe. Has anyone else got an app yet?

    Hiya, I still haven't heard yet either. Was expecting it by now...


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    Hiya, I still haven't heard yet either. Was expecting it by now...

    I was actually talking to a midwife on the vaccine helpline earlier today with a few questions I had, I asked bout the apps and she say they will be sent out this evening or tomorrow. This was for the coombe.
    She mentioned that all the apps are being done between 8-1230 on wed if that helps


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ skywayavenue


    Naid23 wrote: »
    I was actually talking to a midwife on the vaccine helpline earlier today with a few questions I had, I asked bout the apps and she say they will be sent out this evening or tomorrow. This was for the coombe.
    She mentioned that all the apps are being done between 8-1230 on wed if that helps

    Oh great, thank you!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    Oh great, thank you!

    Did you get a txt or call bout an appointment? I havent heard anything yet


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ skywayavenue


    Naid23 wrote: »
    Did you get a txt or call bout an appointment? I havent heard anything yet

    Nope nothing yet, bit late isn't it


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    Nope nothing yet, bit late isn't it

    Yeah espec considering its supposed to be done tomorrow morn.


  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ Denise2007


    Kerry25x wrote: »
    Week 21 now and finally feeling regular definite flutters! Had my 20 week scan last week and all seemed okay but I need to go back for a rescan next week because baby was too active on the day to get clear views on the heart!

    I know its very early but I'm getting started on decorating the nursery this week! Our tiny box room is good for nothing else anyway so I'm giving it a fresh coat of paint today and I've ordered some cute wallpaper for the feature wall. Baby will be in with us for the first 6 months anyway but this is just a fun little project to keep me busy! Anyone else thinking about nursery decor already?

    Ohh, that's so exciting !! I am not doing anything yet. Am going to hold off until week 30 but its v hard !!


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ skywayavenue


    Naid23 wrote: »
    Yeah espec considering its supposed to be done tomorrow morn.

    Did you hear in the end? I got nothing last night


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    Did you hear in the end? I got nothing last night

    No heard nothing and no one answering on the helpline. So no idea whats happening


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ skywayavenue


    Naid23 wrote: »
    No heard nothing and no one answering on the helpline. So no idea whats happening

    Yeah I've tried the helpline too. Really annoying.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭ Naid23


    Yeah I've tried the helpline too. Really annoying.

    Sent you a message on here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22


    How is everyone? I’m 20weeks as of yesterday and now fully vaccinated so delighted! Not feeling any flutters or movement yet.. living for that tho a week a half to my 20week scan to really looking forward to that!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Gupta


    I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, getting second vaccine dose next week. Have been having minimal movements since 14 weeks (3rd baby) but they've really ramped up this week, almost constant and my husband felt a big one a few days ago, mad to be at this stage so early!


  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ Denise2007


    Mildred22 wrote: »
    How is everyone? I’m 20weeks as of yesterday and now fully vaccinated so delighted! Not feeling any flutters or movement yet.. living for that tho a week a half to my 20week scan to really looking forward to that!!

    Am good. The placenta is at the front so is am less likely to feel kicks. I sometimes feel flutters ... or wind, who knows !!! Have my 20 week scan on Tuesday. Has felt a very long time coming. Am a bit nervous, first scan husband will be there. Am going to talk to my consultant about COVID, not vaccinated yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22


    I had my second vaccine yesterday, today was rough I hurt all over and had a slight fever, it really didn’t last long worst of it was 30mins to an hour! Feeling much better now, and feeling a relief that as of next week I can enjoy the summer a bit


  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ Denise2007


    Mildred22 wrote: »
    I had my second vaccine yesterday, today was rough I hurt all over and had a slight fever, it really didn’t last long worst of it was 30mins to an hour! Feeling much better now, and feeling a relief that as of next week I can enjoy the summer a bit

    That's brilliant you got the vaccine and all done now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ buffin


    I'd anterior placenta on my last and didn't feel kicks until around 19 weeks and then it was vague flutters really. This time I've been feeling kicks from 15 weeks. I actually think in the end the anterior placenta is a blessing as you're a but cushioned when trying to get to sleep but baby is acting like they're at a disco!


  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ Denise2007


    How is everyone doing ? Am 24 weeks tomorrow and feeling okay. Have bad sciatica pain a couple of weeks ago but all good now. Used a hot water bottle which was a lifesaver. Can feel some kicks but not a huge amount as placenta at the front. Got my piizer COVID vaccine last Friday, just had a sore arm for 1 day and that was it. Glad I got it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Gupta


    You should try a support belt, osteopath and a deep tissue massage for the sciatica, some good yoga/pilates stretches help too.


Advertisement