Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jay Bourke and the Battle of Berlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

What's jumped out at me so clearly from this Berlin D2 incident is how can Burke be so heavily linked with a commercial business while still under a 7yr ban from being a Company director!
    I've not seen any other management figure linked with this business other than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'd say the standard Egan luvvie piece.
    There were zero repercussions for the flouting by a staff member no less and this piece is Egan doing a solid for one of the in crowd.
    He'll no doubt be at this years Indo z list three page christmas dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

jay0109 wrote: »
    What's jumped out at me so clearly so from this Berlin D2 incident is how can Burke be so heavily linked with a commercial business while still under a 7yr ban from being a Company director!
    I've not seen any other management figure linked with this business other than him.

One for the gardai to look at perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The lack of basic maths is worrying too. His mum (RIP) passed away this year at age 80, so states the article. Making her birth year 1940. Yet later in the article it describes how she "left Cologne in the late 1930s and moved to Ireland " (it's phrased as if to seek a better life)..... so in utero then? Other than that, it just makes for a good story.

Don't mention the war.

One for the gardai to look at perhaps.

Alas, this is Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

the article in last weeks Irish Times is more accurate and much less ass-licking.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Interestingly, none of the directors attended the court today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Probably because they might have to answer questions.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Probably because they might have to answer questions.

It was the judgement being delivered ...the directors were giving evidence during the hearing a few weeks ago, normally when someone/a company are before the courts and a verdict is about to be given they are in court to hear the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Good riddance. They got what was coming to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Bourke is an utter knob. Texted staff of a previous place he ran that is was closing rather than tell them face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Didn’t he own cafe bar deli in ranelagh? I heard he didn’t tell people it was being shut down and they turned up for work. That could be wrong though.

Did the named directors even know they were directors of said premises!

jay0109 wrote: »
    Did the names directors even know they were directors of said premises!

That I can't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

While I don't care about Berlin D2 much.
    It does strike me as a harsh punishment.

Justified , you may retort.

But will the same happen for a hotel in the west of Ireland called Station House Hotel in Clifton? the hosts of "golf gate" a blatant breach of covid rules.
    The answer is - will it fcuk.

and that's Ireland in a nutshell.
    golf for me , rules for thee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

paw patrol wrote: »
    While I don't care about Berlin D2 much.
    It does strike me as a harsh punishment.

Justified , you may retort.

But will the same happen for a hotel in the west of Ireland called Station House Hotel in Clifton? the hosts of "golf gate" a blatant breach of covid rules.
    The answer is - will it fcuk.

and that's Ireland in a nutshell.
    golf for me , rules for thee
    it wasn't just one incident

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Pretty much this was the nail in the coffin, combined with two of the directors not willing to meet the guards it looked like in public they were being contrite but then really they didnt give a ****.

The judges comments were quite harse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Don't disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Jizique

Looking to leave €12.5m debts behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

If someone is losing their home they are labeled chancers yet we often see the wealthy have millions 'written off'. Different rules for different sections of society.

Advertisement