Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunpowder Milkshake

Options
  • 25-05-2021 3:51pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

'twas always inevitable that another studio would try to make coin off of John Wick's popularity. Here's perhaps one of the most blatant attempts, hidden society n' all.

At least Karen Gillen is putting all that action training while playing Nebula to good use.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The cast is strong, but we'll see if the script is strong. I liked the first John Wick but could have done without it making an ourobouros with its own arse in lore terms across the sequels - hopefully this doesn't make similar mistakes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's like they thought if they made John Wick with girls that they could tap into the other 50% of the population. I don't think it works like that.

I like Karen Gillen, so I really hope (with little expectation) there's more to this than girl gunplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It looks like The 355 girl power kick ass movie.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114858765

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It looks like The 355 girl power kick ass movie.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114858765

Ha, I had forgotten all about that. It looked so awful, I wonder has it been put on the shelf til the studio is desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if there was a film that had a plotline about making a ridiculous film, this would be the trailer that they'd be watching

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Felt good to see Lena Headey. Feels like it's been ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking Lena is a bit young to play Karen's mother. Going by their real life ages, it's the second time at least Lena is playing a 14 year old mother. She's 14 years older than Karen and Nick Stahl, who played John Connor in Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    Yeah, I know they're not their real ages in these.

Will watch the film when it comes out. Looks like it could be a bit of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

This seems like the kind of thing I watch after surfing Netflix for a while late in the evening, knowing full well that it's almost certainly crap but rolling the dice on a good cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,168 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is beyond terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,869 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Looked incredibly stylish and expensive.l, good cast...but fecking awful....like almost worse than Jolt that awful new film on Amazon prime

• Registered Users Posts: 85,168 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertised for Sky for September 17th as Sky Original

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched it tonight and it's... alright. Not Great and forgettable. However not the worst movie you can watch for two hours.

Advertisement