Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Balustrade on Patio

Options
  • 23-05-2021 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

We are thinking of semi enclosing our patio area by building a 1m high stone faced wall around it, and then erecting a 1m high glass balustrade on top of the wall, either pillarless, which I understand is more expensive, or with stainless pillars which is a bit cheaper.

We would need about 25 linear meters.

Anyone have a budget cost per m, supplied and fitted. It seems to be around 500 euros from what I have researched so far, I’m awaiting two quotes.

Any tips or advice I should watch out for when doing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

AidenL wrote: »
    We are thinking of semi enclosing our patio area by building a 1m high stone faced wall around it, and then erecting a 1m high glass balustrade on top of the wall, either pillarless, which I understand is more expensive, or with stainless pillars which is a bit cheaper.

We would need about 25 linear meters.

Anyone have a budget cost per m, supplied and fitted. It seems to be around 500 euros from what I have researched so far, I’m awaiting two quotes.

Any tips or advice I should watch out for when doing this?

No idea on cost.
    Tips/advice.

Be aware of your planning height restrictions.
    Be aware of the building regulations, particularly Part K and the type of glazing used. Also Part A as the glazed screen has to be secured correctly and also allow for wind loading etc

Advertisement