Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handicap categories for scratch cups

Options
  • 22-05-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭

It may have already been asked here but I can't spot it.
    Was wondering what are the categories for scratch cups now with the new handicap system?

What's the range for senior, junior, inter, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

big_drive wrote: »
    It may have already been asked here but I can't spot it.
    Was wondering what are the categories for scratch cups now with the new handicap system?

What's the range for senior, junior, inter, etc?

It’s up to each specific club. They can decide themselves for Senior to be up to 4, Junior to be 5-9, Inter 10-18 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

callaway92 wrote: »
    It’s up to each specific club. They can decide themselves for Senior to be up to 4, Junior to be 5-9, Inter 10-18 etc

No I understand that. I'm just wondering are the ranges changing in the new system.

Like junior would always have been around 4 - 11 or thereabouts. But would that be changing now that players in general are lower
    Most 5/6 handicappers now seem to be about 3/4 in new system

So could junior now be 2 - 9 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hcap indexs
    Junior Scratch Cup: 2.5 – 8.3
    Intermediate Scratch Cup: 8.4 – 15.3

This is from Seapoint scratch cups for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Hcap indexs
    Junior Scratch Cup: 2.5 – 8.3
    Intermediate Scratch Cup: 8.4 – 15.3

This is from Seapoint scratch cups for this year
    According to the slope ratings for their white tees (128), that equates to a course handicap of 3 - 9 for Junior and 10 to 17 for Intermediate. Playing handicaps would be the same except 17 would drop to 16.

I imagine most clubs would look at last year's old handicaps and come up with an equivalent handicap index based on the slope rating of the tees to be played from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think it would be useful if the eligible handicap ranges were consistent across clubs really

• Advertisement
Advertisement