Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past crash’s

• 22-05-2021 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

No Bitcoin is not crashing. The end of the bull market will be signaled when Bitcoin goes parabolic and Bitcoin has not gone parabolic. Bitcoin has cycles and it must have dips.

When you look at the previous bull market it had a total of eight majors dips before going parabolic and finishing the previous bull market.

Beginning with the first major dip shortly after the previous bull market started.

1st major dip of -41% between Nov 4th and Nov 12th 2015

2nd major dip of -41% between June 17th and August 2nd 2016

3rd major dip of -35% between Jan 4th and Jan 12th 2017

4th major dip of -34% between March 10th and March 25th

5th major drop of -33% between May 25th and May 27th of 2017

6th major dip -38% between June 12th and July 15th 2017

7th major dip of -40% between September 2nd and September 15th 2017

And the last 8th major dip of -30% between November 8th and November 12th 2017 before Bitcoin went parabolic in the first two weeks of December ending the bull market.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th dips are similar to the current dip we are going through right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

Of course it's a crash. How can you say some cryptocurrencies losing up to half their value in the last week is anything but a crash?

BTC has absolutely already gone parabolic from October to March. Just look at the long-term chart.

You're making a pile of assumptions about a very volatile and highly speculative asset class with only a 12 year history.
    Anyone that successfully predicts what will happen next was only guessing.

Maybe BTC will rally and hit 100k. Maybe this is a new bear market and it will slump to 10k or lower. No one knows with any real certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There's absolutely no certainty of what's going to happen next. No one knows.

The only certainty is that crypto holders want others to buy in order to boost the value of their own holdings.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

It's not a crash. It's market manipulation. When btc drops 90% that's confirmation it's a crash.

https://www.coindesk.com/institutional-bitcoin-buying-spiked-around-wednesdays-crash

Truth is otc wallets are buying everything up and these are institions. A key difference from the 2018 crash is now there are institutional trading desks at Goldman's and Morgan Stanley.

It's not a crash. It's market manipulation. When btc drops 90% that's confirmation it's a crash.

When it goes down it's always "market manipulation", when it goes up it's "organic"

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    When it goes down it's always "market manipulation", when it goes up it's "organic"

It is market manipulation,what else is it? It's completely unregulated.

It's people selling.

E.g. Eth has gone from $100 last year to $4400 this year, anyone who thinks that's going to continue indefinitely needs their heads examined. Even in crypto that recent vertical line is unsustainable, there are only so many idiots in the world who will buy into that

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's people selling.

E.g. Eth has gone from $100 last year to $4400 this year, anyone who thinks that's going to continue indefinitely needs their heads examined. Even in crypto that recent vertical line is unsustainable, there are only so many idiots in the world who will buy into that

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

People, and by whom I think you mean small investors, are selling and been shaken out, not institutions, especially in an unregulated market where they can manipulate at will. Smart money stays in, dumb money sells

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Teebor15

People, and by whom I think you mean small investors, are selling and been shaken out, not institutions, especially in an unregulated market where they can manipulate at will. Smart money stays in, dumb money sells

Smart money sells and buys in again when it starts to turn. I sold my ETH last week at a tidy profit and will buy back in again when i see a turn.

A Wyckoff Distribution Pattern to be precise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Smart money sells and buys in again when it starts to turn. I sold my ETH last week at a tidy profit and will buy back in again when i see a turn.

Boards member 15 years, first post on crypto forum!

Of course you did!

Whelo79 wrote: »

Of course you did!

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭shawki

Of course you did!

Since we are going through peoples post history, did you buy that Shiba Inu you were asking about 5 days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Of course you did!

In my day we didn't have a separate crypto forum! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

tk123 wrote: »
    In my day we didn't have a separate crypto forum! :pac:

You made me check something there... I'm here over 21 years. Feck! :o

Still, my new thing is reading old threads on this forum. Makes great reading! :):)

I really, really hope some of you are unrealised multi millionaires! However, I'd say there is a lot of regret here too!

You caused a tax event by selling, I'm not sure 33% cgt is a smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭shawki

Can’t understand why people are being such dicks to you and thanking that post that didn’t believe you.

If he said sold, he sold. He is no less credible that other person on boards because we could all be lying through our teeth about what we’ve done over the last few days and no one would know the difference.

At least he didn’t look to buy Shiba Inu a few days ago….

shawki wrote: »
    Can’t understand why people are being such dicks to you and thanking that post that didn’t believe you.

If he said sold, he sold. He is no less credible that other person on boards because we could all be lying through our teeth about what we’ve done over the last few days and no one would know the difference.

At least he didn’t look to buy Shiba Inu a few days ago….

Don't be so ridiculous, surely you know by now that unless you post regularly in that fountain of knowledge that is the Boards.ie Cryptocurrency forum that you couldn't possibly have made a sensible move and turned a few quid. Your knowledge and wisdom on cryptocurrency is directly correlated with the amount of posts you make regardless of the fact that the majority are complete spoof, waffle and guesswork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭crushproof

You made me check something there... I'm here over 21 years. Feck! :o

Still, my new thing is reading old threads on this forum. Makes great reading! :):)

I really, really hope some of you are unrealised multi millionaires! However, I'd say there is a lot of regret here too!

To think if we were all aboard the train from the very beginning!

Advertisement