Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bitcoin almost 50% off

Options
  • 21-05-2021 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Currently selling at almost 50% off. On 14th April 1 BTC was just over 54000, now at the time of writing 1 BTC = 30,000EUR. Available across multiple exchanges Binance, Coinbase, Kraken.

Important: you can buy a part of a bitcoin if a whole one is too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Boscocss wrote: »
    Currently selling at almost 50% off. On 14th April 1 BTC was just over 54000, now at the time of writing 1 BTC = 30,000EUR. Available across multiple exchanges Binance, Coinbase, Kraken.

Any what part of a bargain is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair dues, 3rd post in 11 years :eek:.

Not a bargain alert. It's an environmental disaster; is being used to create a ransomware industry that is directly impacting the Irish nation, and requires a fresh input of new money to keep the price up. That's why bagholders always shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boscocss

okidoki987 wrote: »

Hardcore lurker looking for some to buy my bags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭con747

It also took a fairly big drop in price this week so bargain I don't know.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

okidoki987 wrote: »

And we're honoured enough to witness it. Hardcore post. Deserving of some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Thank you OP, as a reminder of why I don't venture into Bitcoin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boscocss

I thought my nephew was a fool for buying the last top at around $20,000 and i figured he would never see that money again. And here we are three/four years later as BTC topped out at over $60,000 and now selling at 30,000.

Anyway maybe i'll make my 6th post in 4/5 years from now and see where it's all at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

okidoki987 wrote:
    Any what part of a bargain is that?

Not much if it halves in value again over the next few months. China are cracking down on bitcoin. Hence the massive fall in price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

On what planet can this be a bargain alert? Its like saying the dollar today is X, buy it it was X+50% last week.

Sure it could be worth half again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

On what planet can this be a bargain alert? Its like saying the dollar today is X, buy it it was X+50% last week.

Sure it could be worth half again next week.

And it could be worth half that again the following week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I haven't been following things really closely, can I trade in Bitcoin to buy Dogecoin at GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Thanks op bought 10

You may as well buy penny stocks.

I'll wait for it to hit 10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'll wait for it to hit 10,000

The final reduction "at least 95%" off sale will give you better value, but like many Aldi middle aisle items, it will still just end up as useless junk :D

Lots of FUD being peddled these days in the main stream media to drive the price of BTC down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Badly fukt wrote: »
    Lots of FUD being peddled these days in the main stream media to drive the price of BTC down!

Is FUD a new crypto? I'll take $10,000 of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭POBox19

Is there a market in shorting BTC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So all the people who bought in at 60k just lost half their savings lol.

That sad, but funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

should be in the rip-off thread - still 4 times the price it was in Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Everything cyrpto was supposed to be against it has become.

Fees are ridiculous on some coins, transactions slow and limited.
    Environmental disaster as well.

Anyway you look at it, Crypto currently is just get rich scam. Wit no practical application. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This has happened before. Anyone who bought at higher than the current price should chill, put their feet up and wait.

So all the people who bought in at 60k just lost half their savings lol.

That sad, but funny too

That's a lesson to why you buy in the dip, not when it's at an all time high

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nabber wrote: »
    Everything cyrpto was supposed to be against it has become.

Fees are ridiculous on some coins, transactions slow and limited.
    Environmental disaster as well.

Anyway you look at it, Crypto currently is just get rich scam. Wit no practical application. :)

It's a lot more entertaining than fiat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

So the value of Bitcoin has collapsed recently and you think this is some kind of special offer?

Can I interest you in some Delorean shares?

So the value of Bitcoin has collapsed recently and you think this is some kind of special offer?

Can I interest you in some Delorean shares?

BTC has crashed many many times and always comes back to again break it's previous all time high, buy in the dip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

Badly fukt wrote: »
    BTC has crashed many many times and always comes back to again break it's previous all time high, buy in the dip!

The no loose investment, everyone should buy into . . what could possibly go wrong.

• Advertisement

Swindled wrote: »
    The no loose investment, everyone should buy into . . what could possibly go wrong.

This isn't a crash, it's market manipulation to convince people to sell so others can buy cheaper. Just look at who's going all in!
    https://www.coindesk.com/institutional-bitcoin-buying-spiked-around-wednesdays-crash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement