Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CHEAPO-ECO-MANIACS (sub-500euro)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Said's NCT till September? just checked , nct up January, noticed this lately cars for sale adding the nct extension on when it doesn't apply to car, if it did it would say on nct site if a extension does apply wouldn't it?

The NCT cert in the window says 30.08.20, even with the extension it's well out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

What is he covering with is hand his insurance or lack of maybe for it?
    It's a very basic Focus no fogs, no rear electric windows, no alloys typical main Ford back then. But if that is all you want cheap basic motoring it would do the job for someone. Its not even the best Focus do the MK1 its a MK2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think that won't get through an NCT without fixing the central locking.

The doors will need to open to check the seat belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

elperello wrote: »
    I think that won't get through an NCT without fixing the central locking.

The doors will need to open to check the seat belts.

The doors can be manually opened, the key only unlocks one of the front doors. That’s not a NCT fail, at least it wasn’t on my car 2 weeks ago.

BOSTIK wrote: »
    The doors can be manually opened, the key only unlocks one of the front doors. That’s not a NCT fail, at least it wasn’t on my car 2 weeks ago.

He says in the ad that they can only be opened from the inside -

"Not a bad little run around. Nct until Sept. Tax just out. There's a problem with the central locking(3 doors won't open on the key and need to be opened from inside). Cheep and cheerfull.has a new battery."

I think you were ok because the doors could be opened from outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

He says in the ad that they can only be opened from the inside -

"Not a bad little run around. Nct until Sept. Tax just out. There's a problem with the central locking(3 doors won't open on the key and need to be opened from inside). Cheep and cheerfull.has a new battery."

I think you were ok because the doors could be opened from outside.

I’d say that he means that 3 of the doors need to unlocked from the inside, and can then be opened from outside. That’s the situation with my yoke anyway, the key will unlock either front door, but not all 4 together.

Anyway, if someone is willing to buy it without a NCT cert, they’d hardly be bothered much with that sort of issue.

BOSTIK wrote: »
    I’d say that he means that 3 of the doors need to unlocked from the inside, and can then be opened from outside. That’s the situation with my yoke anyway, the key will unlock either front door, but not all 4 together.

Anyway, if someone is willing to buy it without a NCT cert, they’d hardly be bothered much with that sort of issue.

Yes could be that ok.

The trouble is that fixing something like that could take the shine off a bargain.

Taking door cards off and fiddling around with electrics is soul (and knuckle :)) destroying.

Ms

Yes could be that ok.

The trouble is that fixing something like that could take the shine off a bargain.

Taking door cards off and fiddling around with electrics is soul (and knuckle :)) destroying.

Really why? My brother replaced the electric window motor in his MK 2 Megane a few times and never said anything like that.

AMKC wrote: »
    Really why? My brother replaced the electric window motor in his MK 2 Megane a few times and never said anything like that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give him a shout the next time I'm in trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This has served me well over the last few months, literally zero issues. I expect it to sell today.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-hyundai-getz/28091366?campaign=14

IMG-20210510-145901.jpg

Boardsies can ignore the asking price, 300 euros will do just fine - it's to stop the JohnnyXmary's and JacintaXBilly's and scrap merchants ringing me.

Clutch is poor.
    Radio doesn't work.
    The front left CV has started to click.

It's NCT'd until 08th of August so will get someone out of a hole and you'll get 200 from a scrapper who will collect it from your door after that. 110k miles. Two keys and logbook present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't care about the rest, but this....
    Radio doesn't work.
    is a deal breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

fryup wrote: »
    don't care about the rest, but this....

is a deal breaker

You could just get a Bluetooth speaker and connect it to your phone.. I probably sound like a red neck suggesting this! :D Although it's a cheap alternative..

Or a second hand HU could be picked up for like 30 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-1-1-petrol-nct-12-21-tax-06-21/28122021

Nzk5ZjEwMGY3MWFhMDQ0NGZjZDc0NjBhMTNhYmYxZDPqV2fG2pvkSsXNn-0xbqqGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODAzNDA2NDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner low mileage Punto with tax til June and test til December for €350

Cheap car to get someone out of a hole for a while

My getz was taken as a p/x against a 330d...and I imagine straight to the crusher :(

Ms

My getz was taken as a p/x against a 330d...and I imagine straight to the crusher :(

Awe such a pity. So what did toy replace the Getz with or was it you buying the 330d?

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe such a pity. So what did toy replace the Getz with or was it you buying the 330d?

I ended up in the 330d, the fella I bought it off ended up with the Getz, fair trade I thought :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

NCT until end of November. Nice colour and rear spoiler, asking 550. A set of tsw stealth wheels would set this off lovely.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-toyota-corolla-1-4/28140227

553198.jpeg

A set of tsw stealths go for more than double what that yoke is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Really? I figured you could just pick up a cheap set handily enough. Any half decent wheels then and a good wash and you've got yourself a motor that'll probable serve you a few years if it checks out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

^^^ I have a very bad feeling about that A4 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Probably the one interior shot being of the passenger side floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passage-tdi-nct-10-2021/28196429

Yjk3MmQ3YjVkMjUzMjdhY2M1NTU0M2FhMTNhOGY3N2UZ_ECB4521q5cOKiPFozmkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODExMDU1MDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Handy diesel Passat estate with test til October for €450

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Fascinating thread to stumble across- only thing is most of the ads are gone/sold by now!
    Recently sold an €1100 Honda Civic sub banger/runabout and since had the new owner into me looking for a refund or money off - obviously blocked and ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭lalababa

Was just looking up cars for sale in France as I'll be working there for a year. The prices (and valuations)are almost the opposite than here!
    The old cars are expensive and the new cars are cheap.
    My 05 corsa that I have here would be around 700 euros...in France its at least 3 times the price @2100.
    And new cars are like 20% cheaper over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

lalababa wrote: »
    Was just looking up cars for sale in France as I'll be working there for a year. The prices (and valuations)are almost the opposite than here!
    The old cars are expensive and the new cars are cheap.
    My 05 corsa that I have here would be around 700 euros...in France its at least 3 times the price @2100.
    And new cars are like 20% cheaper over there!

That’s fairly typical of the continent- you see 20+ year old cars in very good condition and still make good money. In France especially. Either be scrapped here or about to be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    That’s fairly typical of the continent- you see 20+ year old cars in very good condition and still make good money. In France especially. Either be scrapped here or about to be

I was over in the states a few years ago and was the same. 10byr old cars selling for crazy money, where as new cars very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

notice also the number of cars on donedeal altogether has gone down, was over 80 k during lockdown, now down to 77k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

gussieg wrote: »
    notice also the number of cars on donedeal altogether has gone down, was over 80 k during lockdown, now down to 77k

More buying going on? There's probably a bit of saved up cash about, especially for the cheaper end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

yes and i seem to have ended up with a few 'beauties'. would have done better spending it on a load of scratch cards, less of a gamble.

Advertisement