Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW - showing 2 prices on website? And words limited stock.

Options
  • 21-05-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭

My car has given up the ghost so want to get a new t roc automatic petrol in Flash Red for SWMBO. Did the online car configurator etc, so added rear camera, and something called safelock. These were shown as options.

Went to dealer, gave details, took ages, then told I would need technology pack to get camera, sunroof and a few more bits. Said ok as was going % free. Asked about wording limited stock, means cars already in Ireland! Did a check , no red, only 2 colours grey metallic and pure white solid.

To get the colour I wanted, you place an order, takes 4/ 5 months and then % pcp may not be available.

My query is why does the online car configurator allow you to select car with options and then when you get to dealer its another story??

You also get a list of standard options attached to the car configurator but I have no way knowing if this list applies to a limited stock or a new order car??

Is PCP only available on cars in stock?

I am down the country and never bought from VW before.

What am I doing wrong?

Why cant I order a car and take out PCP??

help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,145 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

PCP offers are usually available for a limited time (it's usually stated in the small print). If you order a car with factory options then it takes longer because it is a custom build as opposed to buying a car already stocked in the country. Currently there is a part shortage which is impacting the timeline for manufacturing of certain brands of cars. This plus Covid have contributed to long delays in building cars across the globe. The reason you cannot take out PCP now is because you don't have the car, your PCP contract starts when your car arrives and is registered to you. VW like many car companies cannot guarantee delivery dates. Put it this way, would you be happy to start your monthly repayments now for a car that may not be delivered for another 6 months?

As for the online configurator, they are generally poor and sometimes not fully up to date especially when there are part shortages and stock availability is uncertain. For example, if a specific part becomes unavailable then the manufacturer may have to alter/deviate the spec or options list to work around it to keep builds going rather than just having a backlog of unfulfilled orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭JoeA3

All factory orders are a bit up in the air at the moment, across most manufacturers.
    That said, if you put down a deposit and are prepared to wait the ~4+ months, I’d expect (be hopeful) the dealer and/or VW to honour the PCP offer when it does arrive. There’s also a fair chance the same offers will extend into the new year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

Thanks both, that explains the take it or leave it. NCT is until next April so we can wait. I did not know about parts shortage and with pent up demand it will be a strange year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

swoofer wrote: »
    Thanks both, that explains the take it or leave it. NCT is until next April so we can wait. I did not know about parts shortage and with pent up demand it will be a strange year.

Generally they honour pcp when you place an order but I’d guess they are thinking that car might not arrive till Nov or Dec and you will want to reg in Jan. it’s a nightmare for the garages

You can of course order new factory built with whatever colour and options you like.

Advertisement