Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust work south Dublin

Options
  • 21-05-2021 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Hi,

<background>
    I've changed gearbox recently on the Mustang (68) and I'll need to reroute one of the exhausts so that it clears the larger gearbox, for the moment I have extended the exhaust with a flexipipe so that I can testdrive it, but it will need to be properly reworked.
    </background>

Where around south Dublin does exhausts and is is sympathetic to classics?

I have found https://www.dunlaoghairemotorworx.ie/ and they look like they know what they are doing, but haven't been in touch yet. So I'm open to suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I highly recommend souhan exhaust in trim co.meath,
    Best place in the country in my opinion highly skilled and operate by appointment,
    A little bit of a stretch outside of South Dublin but well worth the journey for the quality of work they have been in the exhaust fabrication for generations, plus there's a great Deli counter in the family run shop attached.
    Link: http://www.souhan.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Auto exhausts stanaway road crumlin, classic car heads too. Billy Crosbie and mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Bigus wrote: »
    Auto exhausts stanaway road crumlin, classic car heads too. Billy Crosbie and mark.

have to say Mark is a gent. Billy isnt and has put me off going back or recommending after having multiple cars fixed there.

mustang68 wrote: »
    Hi,

<background>
    I've changed gearbox recently on the Mustang (68) and I'll need to reroute one of the exhausts so that it clears the larger gearbox, for the moment I have extended the exhaust with a flexipipe so that I can testdrive it, but it will need to be properly reworked.
    </background>

Where around south Dublin does exhausts and is is sympathetic to classics?

I have found https://www.dunlaoghairemotorworx.ie/ and they look like they know what they are doing, but haven't been in touch yet. So I'm open to suggestions.

just to fill you in better to make a decision, my exhaust somehow was a little short and need a piece welded in so that it could be pulled tighter at the manifold. ( bought in this state )

Billy looked at it for 2 mins and said "this is a project, I've no interest in projects" I pushed him and he told me to come back mid week. I arrived back midweek and he said "I thought I asked you to go elsewhere with it ?" Anyway, I was there and ready to leave it so I did. He did fix it but she is still blowing a little. I dont believe it was a massively complex or painful job, and the attitude wouldnt make me feel like they are interested in my business.

reading yours - it sounds like a project, I'd look elsewhere. ( and hope you'll tell me where you find so I can use them ! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

RobAMerc wrote: »
    just to fill you in better to make a decision, my exhaust somehow was a little short and need a piece welded in so that it could be pulled tighter at the manifold. ( bought in this state )

Billy looked at it for 2 mins and said "this is a project, I've no interest in projects" I pushed him and he told me to come back mid week. I arrived back midweek and he said "I thought I asked you to go elsewhere with it ?" Anyway, I was there and ready to leave it so I did. He did fix it but she is still blowing a little. I dont believe it was a massively complex or painful job, and the attitude wouldnt make me feel like they are interested in my business.

reading yours - it sounds like a project, I'd look elsewhere. ( and hope you'll tell me where you find so I can use them ! :) )

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. The other guy seemed quite pleasant and was happy that they could do it, he requested some photos too.

The issue we all face in this hobby is that you go to a place who do the same job countless times a day who don't want the complication and extra effort of doing a classic, because there is a queue of guys after me wanting the simple job done. I've had it with paint, glass, hoses, driveshafts, gearboxes, starters, alternators, tires etc.

• Advertisement

mustang68 wrote: »
    Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. The other guy seemed quite pleasant and was happy that they could do it, he requested some photos too.

The issue we all face in this hobby is that you go to a place who do the same job countless times a day who don't want the complication and extra effort of doing a classic, because there is a queue of guys after me wanting the simple job done. I've had it with paint, glass, hoses, driveshafts, gearboxes, starters, alternators, tires etc.

the other guy in the Exhaust centre or elsewhere ?

Yes, I recently tried to get a bit of body work done. One guy came out and flat out said no. The guy who did do it done it as a favour to another fella and told me he'd rather do 3 bumpers for insurance companies at 250 a day than spend a day at my old yoke for 500. He has a point though. Business is business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Alan did the stainless steel box for my classic. He is open and he is a nice chap, raced against him many a time. He knows what he is doing. In fact I am dropping my classic up to him in two weeks time to get more stuff done. For my classic he had to come up with an entire new system as there isn't a standard one that fits it.
    Alan in Motorworx also put a custom exhaust on my 924. Did a great job, no complaints.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    the other guy in the Exhaust centre or elsewhere ?

The other guy in the exhaust centre, Mark I believe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Souhans also for me. Put a lovely exhaust on my E28 when I had it and was just what I wanted, not loud but sounded just amazing. Plenty of old stuff goes through there, so they are well used classics.

So to wrap up this thread I went to Auto Worx in DunLaoghaire, Alan was very nice and did a great job. Has a lot of experience with classic cars and builds his own cars for motorsports... so I'll be going back to him again in the future.

• Advertisement

glad to hear it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CarsandBikes

Bigus wrote: »

Have got a few cars done with these lads work is A1 and prices spot on as well

Advertisement