Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planning Application - Outline V's Full

Options
  • 20-05-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

What is the difference between an Outline and a Full planning application?

I see from Citizens information site this -

"... you might apply for outline permission, which will require you to produce only the plans and particulars that are necessary to enable the planning authority to make a decision in relation to the siting, layout or other proposals for development.
    If you get outline permission, you will have to submit detailed drawings and receive consequent permission before you start building work. Generally, outline permissions have a 3-year duration"

Is the house design included in the outline application?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭rayjdav

No. Simple site layout plan and brief description of what is intended (bungalow/2 storey etc.) and technical aspects of application. It's like an "in principle" decision..
    Full obviously is bells and whistles of information. Without stating the obvious, with OPP you will subsequently still need to apply for full PP.
    Outline is usually 3 years and full 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

THanks - if outline PP is approved does this mean that subsequently Full PP would be likely too?
    My situation is the county dev plan looks likely to more or less ban one off housing in countryside from year end so I would like to have at least outline pp before then

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

LMK wrote: »
    THanks - if outline PP is approved does this mean that subsequently Full PP would be likely too?
    My situation is the county dev plan looks likely to more or less ban one off housing in countryside from year end so I would like to have at least outline pp before then
    Once outline pp has been granted then full pp should be a formality ... generally*. As stated above outline pp is basically permission in principle to build some type of house. No house plans required at that stage so its a bit cheaper and the way to go if you / your agent thought there would be a risk of a refusal on a full application. Works well if you have time on your hands.

*Without complicating matters the "average" outline planning application system will resolve most issues at that stage. Again speaking generally the only issue at full pp stage would be the house design.

Advertisement