Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Wheel Size

Options
  • 21-05-2021 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sure there is a thread on this already but I can't seem to find it.

My bike currently has 622x15c wheels with 23c tyres on them.

I was hoping to get 622x19c wheels and maybe run 25c tyres or even bigger on them.

I'm wondering how do you know if the bike will support the wheel/tyre size? i.e the tyre won't get stuck in the fork/brakes and the brake shoes will connect properly with the braking surface of the wheel.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Can't help on forks/brakes as that's so individual to the bike but fir tyre wudth:

mavic-ETRTO-ISO-rim-width-and-tire-standards-chart-600x405.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what bike is it? the manufacturer may have made available what the capacity of the frame is.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭AnswerIs42

what bike is it? the manufacturer may have made available what the capacity of the frame is.

It's a Cannondale slice 2015.

I was hoping for something like take the inner width of the fork and multiple it by x or something like that. I guess if it's too specific to brands then I'll have to dive into the Cannondale site

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this article about the slice is dated 2014:

"Another little touch to aid comfort is that every Slice model comes with 25mm tyres as standard, and will fit up to 28mm."
    https://www.220triathlon.com/gear/bike/cannondale-launch-new-slice-tri-bike/

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭AnswerIs42

this article about the slice is dated 2014:

"Another little touch to aid comfort is that every Slice model comes with 25mm tyres as standard, and will fit up to 28mm."
    https://www.220triathlon.com/gear/bike/cannondale-launch-new-slice-tri-bike/

That's great, that is for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement