Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro D'Italia Stage 13: Ravenna to Verona (198km)

Options
  • 21-05-2021 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

One for the mountain goats today :pac:

This almost looks flatter than the profile from earlier in the Giro - at least there are a few turns on this occasion! Being one of only 2 proper sprint stages left, this should be straightforward, however the route is exposed so crosswinds could play a part. That's what I'll be tuning in early for anyway.

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-13-map-1755e9e8e8.png

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-13-profile-n2-e9271cd374.jpg

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-13-finish-5786746c56.png

Interestingly the top 4 favourites below are all yet to win a stage...

Odds from Bet365
    Giacomo Nizzolo 13/4
    Dylan Groenewegen 13/4
    Fernando Gaviria 9/2
    Elia Viviani 9/2
    Peter Sagan 6/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

I've seen lumpier snooker tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

flat as a very flat thing

crosswinds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Once again I won't be doing the weekend stage threads btw!

flat as a very flat thing

crosswinds ?

Dont think so. It will be a crosswind direction for the first section South to Mantua but forecast is for gentle breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Boooooooooring

Boooooooooring

So much so I'm finding myself doing work instead :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Idle thought - I presume Rob Hatch will also be doing the TDF? I miss Carlton Kirby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kelly saying that he was almost nodding off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Idle thought - I presume Rob Hatch will also be doing the TDF? I miss Carlton Kirby.

Please god no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You should have spent half an hour yesterday watching the andalucia race and him spouting rubbish non-stop about hayter, you'd quickly change your mind!

I'll go for Nizzolo to finally win

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hopefully, Kirby is woeful these days.

I'm nostalgic for David Duffield now.

T'other day when the rain interrupted the live pictures and Lloyd & Walker were left to their own devices, they were a bit lost. Duffield would have regaled us with stories of local sausages and stunts he pulled with Raleigh. Useless at commentating on the actual racing but an afternoon with him was like going down wormholes on Wiki - you never knew what you'd learn.

Verona is a beautiful city, well worth a visit if you're in that region. Just avoid the tourist trap that is Juliet's balcony.

If you want to do your own commentating and add a little local colour, the Giro produce a roadbook (or, as its known in Italian - "Il Roadbook") that gives a potted history of each place they pass through. Its how Carlton, Rob etc gen up beforehand.

https://www.giroditalia.it/en/roadbook/

And dumping gel & food wrappers in the hedges again. That really annoys me. It weighs about 50g, you've dragged to within 10km of the finish. What difference is yeeting it into the ditch it actually going to make?

Anytime I see Campenaerts he is never wearing sunglasses. Very strange

BRAVO GIACOMO!!!

**maybe Bravissimo!

delighted for Nizzolo tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

12th time lucky. Well done Nizzolo.

That was some surge from way back by Nizzolo tbf.

Another really poor effort from Viviani.

Affini's run to the finish was pretty impressive too

He's loving this , dishing out the hi 5's to the fans there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭griffin100

Delighted to see him win but thought he was way too far back and that the JV rider would steal it. Great to see the fans going nuts like that.

What's the piece of signed card on the top of Nizzolo's helmet?

I really thought Affini had snuck it! Happy for Nizzolo. It must really play on your conscience when you are a sprinter and you've finished in second place eleven times in your home Grand Tour

I thought JV may have left Affini go intentionally but he just confirmed it was an accident

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭griffin100

I though they said on commentary that it was his pass to train outside in Italy during COVID (or something like that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

It's his self certification notice permitting him to leave his local area to hunt for stage wins in the Giro. Every Italian had to fill out such a permit during lockdown if they had to leave their local area.

Advertisement