Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renault 4Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Thanks for that, my first ever car was a yellow R4, it could beat any other car over the first three metres before it ran out of steam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would say keep on eye and hear out tomorrow. Renault have something planned for the 4s anniversary maybe it is the big reveal.
    Also OP I take it you mean Lithium ion battery not iron lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Lithium iron phosphate cells are a thing though. LiFePo4 is cobalt free says Wiki :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lithium iron phosphate cells are a thing though. LiFePo4 is cobalt free says Wiki :)

Awe ok very good. I did not know.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tesla uses LiFePo4 too in all Chinese made Model 3 - those are the ones sold in Ireland. "Fe" is the element Ferrum. Or in other words: iron :)

There is a lot to say for this chemistry. It's cobalt free, it's cheap, it's super safe (can not explode or catch fire). But the energy density is a bit lower than most other chemistries used for EVs

• Advertisement
Advertisement