Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

12k(ish) used SUV or estate

Options
  • 20-05-2021 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Know nothing about cars but Im looking to buy a used SUV or estate and would like some advice. Dont care about brand or looks.

I'd like something reliable that will last the next 6ish years, can take a bit of a beating. Work brings me on uneven roads, offroad the rare time so would like a bit of clearance. Decent boot would be great, or the capability for the back seats to go all the way down. Im not looking for something massive, just big enough to hold diving gear and possibly tow a small boat.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Edit: I would also like to buy from dealer. Let me know if the wish list is too much for the price!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would a Dacia Duster interest you?

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9e5d731f8fbb622aab24e6d62faacaa3f.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/2815004

Pretty basic machinery but if the rear seat can be folded down then it might do the job without being too big or expensive to run. 1.5dci engine is a well tried and trusted engine from Renault/Nissan. As said, they are pretty basic in terms of ergonomics, refinement and comfort but it should serve you well for 6ish years and that example is still only 4 years old with 1 owner and low enough miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GuyCalledMark

Funny you should say, as Im literally looking at a near identical duster, but with a tow bar installed already and for a couple of quid less than the one you linked.

Cant post the link because Im a new user but its a Dacia Duster Signature 1.5 Dci110 with one owner and 66,820 km from
    'gerrycumiskeydublin'

Should I be wary of the dealer or anything to look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've no experience of that dealer but they seem to be around along time, I think they have a garage in Louth as well and are or were main VW dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GuyCalledMark

Thanks so much for the help anyway!

Advertisement