Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Got word that it is Thurles, but the usual "assignment details are subject to change in line with business requirements."

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

emmaneiser wrote: »
    Got word that it is Thurles, but the usual "assignment details are subject to change in line with business requirements."

Congrats, did you hear is it business division or MED?

Any idea of a start date?

tap28 wrote: »
    Congrats, did you hear is it business division or MED?

Any idea of a start date?

Not yet, I asked for details about the role but they said they have to get back to me.

No start date, just that I have to be available to start within 4 weeks of completing clearence.

kriordan22 wrote: »
    I emailed open recruitment yesteday to ask a few questions on the vacancy I was offered. I emailed again to follow up as the deadline for acceptance was COB yesterday. They did not revert to me and now the deadline is gone. Do you think this means I have missed out?,

Did you get the info about the role, I still haven't been told any details about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sarahmcm90

Has anyone heard of any placings in Sligo/Mayo panel in for tax or accounting yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Did you get the info about the role, I still haven't been told any details about it.

They were able to tell me the role was in personal division but not much more. I suppose they don't want to commit to anything in case circumstances change and whatnot...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Blooddiamond

Can I ask which panel your appointment was from please?

Can I ask which panel your appointment was from please?

Data panel

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

caarp wrote: »
    Just to provide an update to this thread, my husband just got offered a position in Wexford, from the data panel.
    Thanks very much to everyone for all of your help in this competition and best of luck to everyone else going forward.
    Congrats on the offer!! Can I ask what section the job offer is in?

Hi All, I was just wondering, for anyone who has taken up a position recently, how long was the wait to get a start date, from when you received your initial offer? How long does vetting etc take does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Hi All, I was just wondering, for anyone who has taken up a position recently, how long was the wait to get a start date, from when you received your initial offer? How long does vetting etc take does anyone know?

Hi Kriordan,
    I got my preliminary offer of the job the 18th Dec & I started mid Feb. I had all my information sent in before Christmas & I was waiting until the 1st week in Feb to get an email requesting confirmation to allow revenue to contact my references. Within 3-5, days of that email, I was then offered the position officially & contracts sent out through email.
    Vetting is completed fast now as all done online. Once I submitted my vetting info online, I got an update email 7 days later that my vetting was complete & with revenue for review.
    Hope this helps & best wishes.

3002 wrote: »
    Hi Kriordan,
    I got my preliminary offer of the job the 18th Dec & I started mid Feb. I had all my information sent in before Christmas & I was waiting until the 1st week in Feb to get an email requesting confirmation to allow revenue to contact my references. Within 3-5, days of that email, I was then offered the position officially & contracts sent out through email.
    Vetting is completed fast now as all done online. Once I submitted my vetting info online, I got an update email 7 days later that my vetting was complete & with revenue for review.
    Hope this helps & best wishes.

Thanks a million, that is super helpful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Has anyone heard of any movement?  Is it likely there will be any further appointments from this panel? Those who have started, how are ye getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bernard12

Did anyone else get word on the 2021 campaign

Just got confirmation that I am through to next stage no further info

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Congrats & best of luck with the nxt stage Miggy B,

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Does anyone know if there has been any further movement on this campaign? I am on the Cork panel. Only 7 weeks to go & the panels expire...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Heard nothing, it's not looking good. It would be interesting to know how many were panelled, under each of the streams and the number of placements and locations of those

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mary poppins

It's a tough process and that work and not to materialise. Any movement in 2021 yet?

Interviews next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnym

Hi there I have interview this week and its competency based according to the email i received.

I would be grateful for any advise for the interview. Is it just based on application information i provided or do they ask questions outside of that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Westcoast21

Hi, No advise im afraid as i have never done one but maybe look back on AO threads and see if there is any. Do you mind me asking how much notice you got of your interview date.

A weeks notice was given of interview. Mainly based on form can use other examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Hi, is it the interview for AO that was advertised this year? I got an email in August saying I'd been shortlisted but didn't get notification of interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chloe888

Yes it is - I got notification of shortlisting in Aug for the 2021 AO and got notification of interview last week. My interview is tomorrow. Only one weeks notice is given so my advice is to start preparing now!

Yes it is the 2021 competition. It went straight from shortlisting per form submitted to Interview. Anyone that got notification of getting through needs to be working on preparing for interview as notification is very short! Know your form especially the initial summary part above the example.

How has those who have interviewed found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JoeSoaped

It was a tough interview. I interviewed for the EO competition a couple of weeks prior so that helped. Know your application form inside out and have plenty of examples ready. Anyone know the end-date for interviews?

My interview is tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JoeSoaped

Best of luck @mary poppins .

Advertisement