Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walkers in Waterford

Options
  • 19-05-2021 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone! I'm getting a dog soon and will need a walker occasionally. I've zero experience with that so I was wondering where did you find yours and what's the most reliable way to find one. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,887 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

would you be too busy to walk the dog yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭dzilla

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm getting a dog soon and will need a walker occasionally. I've zero experience with that so I was wondering where did you find yours and what's the most reliable way to find one. Thanks. :)

Hopefully somebody here might be able to help you - https://gudog.ie/dog-walking-waterford

Another suggestion I would make is would you consider sending them to doggy day care for a day or two a week when you are busy, they get a good run out in there and are played out always at the end of the day and its great way to socialize them, so prob as good as long walk.
    Wanderer78 wrote: »

I think they just need the walker occasionally. Genuinely I think there is a market there for it, pre covid and with going to the office etc theres always circumstances where people just need a hand I guess. Luckily since i started working from home the dog is getting the legs walked off it but when we return to office I usually need a hand from a relative to take the dog off one or two days a week, which is great that I have someone who can help.

I think its great that Vladi_ is cognizant of the fact they may need a walker, its a shame when dogs are left indoors and don't get out that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Some of the days the dog would have to be alone for 5h because of work so I'd get someone to walk him in that period. I wouldn't even get the dog if I was too busy to walk him majority of the time.

I have checked doggy day care but they are open 8-6 which kind of clashes with my schedule on those days when I'd need it. :(

Gudog.ie seems like the best option so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

Anyone remember when dogs could roam free around the place? Some times in little packs too! Just like people some were friendly but some were not so and might chase after you. Some never like cyclists IIRC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Anyone remember when dogs could roam free around the place? Some times in little packs too! Just like people some were friendly but some were not so and might chase after you. Some never like cyclists IIRC :pac:

There was a mad Jack Russell on Cannon St who loved chasing bikes. We used to call him Dan Breen because he could ambush you from anywhere :)

Simpler times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Like a developing country....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lorna3669

Still looking?

Advertisement