Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube kid bikes - delay in delivery

Options
  • 17-05-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Hi

I ordered a Cube bike for my young kid at the start of January.

I am still waiting for it to be delivered.

Anyone else with a similar wait?

I was told previously there were delays with the factory in Germany due to Covid.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Hi

I ordered a Cube bike for my young kid at the start of January.

I am still waiting for it to be delivered.

Anyone else with a similar wait?

I was told previously there were delays with the factory in Germany due to Covid.

Thanks

Ordered Cube Road bike for myself back in November and only got it Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's a shortage of bikes all over at the moment. I initially expected it to be just adult bikes but there's a dearth of kids bikes in stock and readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I ordered a kids cube from the cycle superstore in March and got it in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Major supply issues at the moment, luck of the draw with many

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Last couple of bikes I ordered were Ribble and in fairness with the most recent purchase they flagged likely delays in advance of paying. The first purchase was just as the global supply issues were kicking off and again they were pretty proactive in updating you as to timelines.

I think a lot depends on the size of the manufacturer, the amount of components-stock they hold (as i don't think frames are the issue). Some manufacturers might be happy to just take your order & cash and play things out with the fall-back for them being "it's a global problem".

I'd only order online now if I felt that the manufacturer was being up front as to ability to deliver and give reasonably accurate timelines for delivery. For example, I ordered from Ribble early April and they gave an estimated delivery date of 31 May. It's arrived 12 days early, and would have been earlier still if the Irish courier company hadn't messed around for a week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement