Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coinbase

Options
  • 18-05-2021 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

How long does it take for bank funds to reach coin base account anyone here done it ,also anyone notice there ref number don’t fit so had to remove there name at start from it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

mcriot29 wrote: »
    How long does it take for bank funds to reach coin base account anyone here done it ,also anyone notice there ref number don’t fit so had to remove there name at start from it

It does SEPA which is up to two days, if you want to send from it then you need to send a small transfer to it first. You can withdraw up to 20k to PayPal which is fast but again a sepa to your account is up to two days again. These days sepa transfers are usually next day though.

Instant transfers back to your credit card won’t work, unless it’s a feature on the account which isn’t standard in Ireland. You can buy instantly from your credit card obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Potatoeman wrote: »
    It does SEPA which is up to two days, if you want to send from it then you need to send a small transfer to it first. You can withdraw up to 20k to PayPal which is fast but again a sepa to your account is up to two days again. These days sepa transfers are usually next day though.

Instant transfers back to your credit card won’t work, unless it’s a feature on the account which isn’t standard in Ireland. You can buy instantly from your credit card obviously.

My issue is the ref number they give won’t fit it my ebs online box
    So I removed the cba part at start which is only company name did you have any issue with the ref not fitting

My issue is the ref number they give won’t fit it my ebs online box
    So I removed the cba part at start which is only company name did you have any issue with the ref not fitting

The ref should only be 14 characters long. Check under add a payment method on both the app and site they should be the same.

There is a message that appears on your account and their account when you do a transfer, the message on your account is usually smaller.

Also do a small transfer the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Potatoeman wrote: »
    There is a message that appears on your account and their account when you do a transfer, the message on your account is usually smaller.

Also do a small transfer the first time.

My issue is ebs online banking only allow 12 for ref I can’t add the full number
    So i removed the 1st 3 letters cause it’s cba coin base account surly they will still know it’s me as that’s not the ref itself

• Advertisement

My issue is ebs online banking only allow 12 for ref I can’t add the full number
    So i removed the 1st 3 letters cause it’s cba coin base account surly they will still know it’s me as that’s not the ref itself

It a computer handling the transactions, the ref is for another variable to authenticate it. I don’t know for sure though, I’d do a small transaction to check. Not sure what the customer service is like, could be slow. They can trace it with the sender an receiver details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

I had the same issue with the reference as well but with Kraken , just add the exchange details as a new beneficiary, in ref I just put my name, then when you want to send the funds, you get option 'Please tick the box if you want to include additional remittance information', select that it will allow put long reference in there instead, received funds next day no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Is anyone else's coinbase portfolio balance incorrect at the moment?

Mine is way off what I'm holding/value of my crypto assets in the below list

Advertisement