Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 6£ promo code with 60£ of gift card

• 16-05-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11301518031

Offer Details
    Get a £6 promo code towards future Amazon orders when you purchase £60 or more of Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards. Please follow the steps below to activate this offer.
    Offer is limited to customers who have not purchased an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card in the past 36 months.
    Offer has a limit of one reward per Amazon account.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

can you send this to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Some handy free money for the Amazon junkies among us, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Seve OB wrote: »
    can you send this to yourself?

Yes, it just adds to your account credit balance

i think i already registered the othere day but never followed through because it said something about ordering within the last 3 years and I only recently topped up my account on another promotion to get some free credit

just went through with checkout there and sent it to another email of mine

looks like the free credit was getting added to my account

i was then able to apply the gift card to my account.

happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Topped up last night. No sign of the extra 6 squid yet but it does say 48hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Is there a difference between gift cards and gift vouchers for the purposes of the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

oodles19 wrote: »
    Is there a difference between gift cards and gift vouchers for the purposes of the offer?

Yes that’s it, rookie mistake by me. Feck. It won’t let me purchase gift card now with my Amazon top up

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Good catch OP.
    Unfortunately with all brexit and stuff, amazon.co.uk is not much use these days. Everything is pricy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Xcellor

suave.4u wrote: »
    Good catch OP.
    Unfortunately with all brexit and stuff, amazon.co.uk is not much use these days. Everything is pricy

Items that are less than ~ 22 euro don't get VAT charged so they actually work out cheaper. I think this loop hole is going to get closed sometime in the summer. This works out cheaper if you have prime membership and order items individually (even though Amazon still end up boxing them together...)

Items that are over get charged Irish VAT.

What are you finding pricy?

I'm finding some stuff which used to ship no problems doesn't any longer. Even things coming from Amazon EU which is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

mad m wrote: »
    Topped up last night. No sign of the extra 6 squid yet but it does say 48hrs

I topped up in April- never got the email- so I don't think I got the 6 quid

I was able to sign up for promotion, but I did make top ups in the last 3 years. So I guess it is not a given that it will work if you sign up - and the condition of no top ups in last 3 years may well be in place

• Advertisement

i dont think this one is a top up
    its a buy a gift card

i got the credit applied straight away (well about 5 minutes) got an email confirmation of same

i bought the gift card and sent it to an alternative email address

then in my own amazon account went to redeem a gift card and threw in the voucher code.

the previous one i got about a month ago was a top up bonus, so was slightly different

i dont think this one is a top up
    its a buy a gift card

i got the credit applied straight away (well about 5 minutes) got an email confirmation of same

i bought the gift card and sent it to an alternative email address

then in my own amazon account went to redeem a gift card and threw in the voucher code.

the previous one i got about a month ago was a top up bonus, so was slightly different

ahhhh- let me try that then.. but it is just one amazon account you use, right ?
    So basically buy a gift card for an email address that is not the amazon log in email - and lodge the giftcard later back into your amazon account ?

ahhhh- let me try that then.. but it is just one amazon account you use, right ?
    So basically buy a gift card for an email address that is not the amazon log in email - and lodge the giftcard later back into your amazon account ?

exactly

make sure you register for the promo first though

exactly

make sure you register for the promo first though

Yes- I have- it tells me I did.. will try now.. many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Your own login email will work. Just tried it on mine

Thanks !
    You have qualified for a £6 promotional code, which has been automatically applied to your account and will only be visible at check out and not in your Gift Card Balance. It can be used on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until the 14th of August 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

suave.4u wrote: »
    Good catch OP.

And here we go again…..

Advertisement