Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my gut look big in this? Cycling Jersey zip repair

Options
  • 17-05-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

The combined effect of a few covid kilos and over use of my favourites has left me with 3 well liked cycling jerseys with wrecked zippers.

Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me. Looking for a recommendation for someone who will do a good job hopefully at a reasonable price. Ideally someone who has repaired stretchy material in the past etc etc.

Or any other prior experience of similar appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Anywhere that does clothes alterations will be able to fit a new zip. wont cost much either.

I used Sutton Dry Cleaners.

https://goo.gl/maps/ot7fJawfxMYEJsTA9

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ARX

The Zip Yard in Dun Laoghaire did an excellent job of replacing a zip on a jacket for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I left in an expensive ladies coat where the zip was damaged. Did it there and then. Cut lining, repaired zip and hand stitched to perfection. Couldn't recommend enough. Cost me 8 euro.
    Not a zip replacement but exceptional skill and value..
    Tallaght village.

https://zipstitchtailors.business.site

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

WOT wrote: »
    ....Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me..
    It might be more helpful to give your approx. location. ;)

I've had several cycling gear zips repaired by a standard clothes alteration service near me. They always did a good job (although the replacement zips tend to be a little larger than the original).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

It might be more helpful to give your approx. location. ;)

I've had several cycling gear zips repaired by a standard clothes alteration service near me. They always did a good job (although the replacement zips tend to be a little larger than the original).

Dublin based. A plethora of viable options it seems, good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

WOT wrote: »
    The combined effect of a few covid kilos and over use of my favourites has left me with 3 well liked cycling jerseys with wrecked zippers.

Is there someone who can replace these zippers for me. Looking for a recommendation for someone who will do a good job hopefully at a reasonable price. Ideally someone who has repaired stretchy material in the past etc etc.

Or any other prior experience of similar appreciated.

I had a coat that was a bit tight and had the zipper replaced & they did a fantastic job - but there was about half a cm less space for me in it after!!! If you have three zips broken might I suggest you save the 35 or so euro for the 3 repairs and trips to and fro and buy a bigger size up until you lose the covid chub!!! Otherwise you’ll be spending the money twice - repair and then either repair again or replace :0

You can use the extra jacket as an over-jacket spare for the winter after you lose the few kilos!!

Advertisement