Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solar power heater for basement

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hi,i have a basement in our house and was recommended by a fella to get a solar powered heater that would pump warm air in to the basement by a fan. he uses it for a log cabin he has. he says its a free way to keep warm air going into a cold basement. just wondering has anyone on this got any experience on something like this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I am doing something similar with a pair of smart electric radiators (https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/2kw-slim-wall-mountable-panel-heater-with-wifi-ephal2000w) but you would need a way to automate their turning on/off based on the excess solar going to the grid.
    It would be quite easy if you already have a home automation setup like Home Assistant along with a CT clamp on your mains cable that feeds you live data so you can see the excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    I am doing something similar with a pair of smart electric radiators (https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/2kw-slim-wall-mountable-panel-heater-with-wifi-ephal2000w) but you would need a way to automate their turning on/off based on the excess solar going to the grid.
    It would be quite easy if you already have a home automation setup like Home Assistant along with a CT clamp on your mains cable that feeds you live data so you can see the excess.

Thanks I'll have a look into that...never thought of doing something along those lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Get an air to air heat pump and duct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Get an air to air heat pump and duct it.
    Good idea...just after messaging a crowd there...thanks

Advertisement