Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can JD130 win RDS?

• 11-05-2021 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Any thought, he got 4th in the first round with a brand new build in a new to him championship and track.
    Can he do as he usually does and win the championship?
    Looks exciting competition, just a pity we can't watch live like FD or DriftMasters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

You can watch live, you just have to subscribe. Fairly decent feed with some features I've not seen before like speed, angle and g-force readouts.

Can he win? Well I don't think he's ever entered a championship that he didn't win in the end so anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You might get more traction in this thread if your title wasn't a string of letters...

If you mention drifting in boards I found you usually got replies of people saying drifting wasn't motorsport, which gets old and boring to read. So I thought I'd try to circumnavigate this by using letters that those who were actually interested in drifting would understand.

Top Dog wrote: »
    You can watch live, you just have to subscribe. Fairly decent feed with some features I've not seen before like speed, angle and g-force readouts.

Can he win? Well I don't think he's ever entered a championship that he didn't win in the end so anything is possible.

Did you subscribe? How much is it? I watch a bit with their Russian commentator speaking English to commentate and it was painful, I'd have preferred to just listen to the cars.

He wins everything he enters. It's funny, I'd like to see him win but also see him get some tough competition from Digo and yellow s15 lad, though the bloke who has a 370z is very handy too.
    I wonder will he had lots of grips this next round to try to keep up with them.
    I supposed I'm spoiled by JD's sentence to FD when he won Long Beach his first round.
    If Shanhanan does well too it might open some more doors for Irish lads over there. There appear to be good budgets there, and not just for a handful of drivers. Bring on the weekend!

gsi300024v wrote: »
    Did you subscribe? How much is it? I watch a bit with their Russian commentator speaking English to commentate and it was painful, I'd have preferred to just listen to the cars.
    Yeah, i signed up for the early bird offer just before the season kicked off. Commentary could be improved, but I was just happy there was an English option. Think it cost me something like €22 when normal price was around €27ish. I figured that with FD US, NZ and Japan all being free to watch, along with DMEC when it returns, that it wouldn't kill me to sub to one. Funnily I'm hesitant to sub to the UK one, though I'm not sure why since Duane, Kevin, Dave Egan and others are in this year. Still have a few days to decide on that :D
    He wins everything he enters. It's funny, I'd like to see him win but also see him get some tough competition from Digo and yellow s15 lad, though the bloke who has a 370z is very handy too.
    I wonder will he had lots of grips this next round to try to keep up with them.
    I supposed I'm spoiled by JD's sentence to FD when he won Long Beach his first round.
    If Shanhanan does well too it might open some more doors for Irish lads over there. There appear to be good budgets there, and not just for a handful of drivers. Bring on the weekend!
    Going on the first round, he'll have some tough competition alright. I'm not sure if Daigo will be much competition. He's a legend, but is he still elite? Goycha and others are on top of their game though so competition will be tough. Nice to see Jack over there too - I never understood why RedBull signed Connor and not Jack, but that's another conversation.

Conor has the look of a Redbull person, Jack may be less so, you don't see many husky framed Redbull peeps, doesn't maybe sit well with their branding,

Yep Digo is having fun and making the few bob, not sure he'll be winning much, but sure nice to see him there, Gotcha will be much harder to beat, Bluss seems too busy, so much going on. The likes of James just need to drive and sort a car, he's not running a business as well.
    Jack qualified 1st, his team came 1st 2nd 3rd in qual, so while it's an arrive and drive his car and team must be top-notch.
    The Japan, Irish, NZ, and UK series just don't seem the same standard as FD, DMEC, and RDS. Budgets in these seem big and it's more than a few lads with big budgets.
    But I still will watch UK, Duane in Euro this year? I feel he needs more high-level competition than UK.
    Where do you live, I'll give you 5er per rds round? Must include a complimentary bag of crisps?

• Advertisement

James was hinting at not overly fair judging with gocha battles, wonder how this will play out over the championship. They're off to Riga next and it should be a great round FIA drift cup and all. James knows the track well and gocha came 2nd the one time he tried it, he really is the real deal gocha.

gsi300024v wrote: »
    James was hinting at not overly fair judging with gocha battles, wonder how this will play out over the championship. They're off to Riga next and it should be a great round FIA drift cup and all. James knows the track well and gocha came 2nd the one time he tried it, he really is the real deal gocha.
    Jack alluded to the same questionable judging. Time will tell. I know it's be biased in spring the Irish lads, but certainly the Gocha win was very questionable

Top Dog wrote: »
    Jack alluded to the same questionable judging. Time will tell. I know it's biased in spring the Irish lads, but certainly, the Gocha win was very questionable

I didn't hear what Jack said?
    RDS probably fine with them doing well, maybe not winning. It'll be interesting how James handles it if it becomes more evident. Trying to remember the last thing he didn't win when he took part in a championship.
    I don't think Gocha needs the dodgy judging either, he's the real deal.
    Riga should be telling with Jack and James having experience there, and I think there are different judges too?
    The Irish have been accused of dodgy judging too, the unbeaten record against the Irish.

Advertisement