Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FULL DISPERSAL OF BROOKLANDS LIMOUSIN HERD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

FULL DISPERSAL OF PEDIGREE & COMMERCIAL BROOKLANDS LIMOUSIN HERD

Gort Mart – Saturday 5th June 2021 @ 2pm

God, a lot of the top herds going now.

https://www.irishlimousin.com/event/full-dispersal-of-pedigree-commercial-brooklands-limousin-herd/

Reads like they lost a land lease. Must be awful situation after building up a herd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

met Clive a good few times over the years and always thought he was very knowledgeable and down to earth about breeding stock

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Looks to be a fabulous herd of cattle.
    Must be heartbreaking for him to have to sell out.

Might try get the catalogue for it. Should be a good opportunity to try pick one up some quality (hopefully grass is growing by then!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,701 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Funny they don't put the catalogue up on the site.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Yeah that's weird.

Would it be a big herd?

Yeah that's weird.

Would it be a big herd?

You can search in the Limousin Society Herdbook;
    https://webapp.icbf.com/v2/herdbook/index.php?source_org=LM

The Brooklands herd had 11 calves born in 2020, so small enough I suppose. They had 3 bulls in AI, so not a bad herd. You'll have to set the Sat Nav for Gort Mart. :D
    Hopefully marts open by then.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

You can search in the Limousin Society Herdbook;
    https://webapp.icbf.com/v2/herdbook/index.php?source_org=LM

The Brooklands herd had 11 calves born in 2020, so small enough I suppose. They had 3 bulls in AI, so not a bad herd. You'll have to set the Sat Nav for Gort Mart. :D
    Hopefully marts open by then.

Never thought of searching that way. That's very handy

I see the catalogue is up now on the the limousin society page

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Charolois 19

Saw an ad on donedeal this eve for them with lot numbers , some amazing looking animals, would be heartbreaking to see them go if they were yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

Not sure is it all down to the land lease. He’s milking cows as well afaik. Don’t know anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

https://irishangus.ie/2021/05/30/brookfield-herd-dispersal-5th-june-2021-gort-mart/

if anyone has interest in the Angus the catalogue is attached

Anything catch anyone's eye? Starts at 2

Well, did you buy? Good sale overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Well, did you buy? Good sale overall.

Too rich for my blood :D

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Too rich for my blood :D

Ya, these high profile dispersal sales are always dear.

Ya, these high profile dispersal sales are always dear.

Went outside my budget fairly quick. Lovely stock tbh. He split the cows & calves which did better for him

Went outside my budget fairly quick. Lovely stock tbh. He split the cows & calves which did better for him

Some of the commercials made crazy money. I had picked out Lot 20 before hand as a nice heifer, from her pic and breeding. She was probably the pick of the lot. Calves by Norman Inventor looked good too. Pity he's so poor for docility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I thought the young bulls made crazy money....could not see the sense of it.

Advertisement