Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Yaris

• 15-05-2021 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭

Have a budget of 4,500. I'm looking for a small run around with mileage of 5,000km a year. I was thinking of a 2009 or 2010 Yaris and buying privately. Any advice or feedback on the 1 litre car. I will be driving on the motorway once a week of a round trip of 50km. Also in terms of bargaining if a car for example is for sale for 5000. Do you think I could get it for 4,500. I know how long is a price of string and all that. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kia Rio, honda jazz, ford Ka or fiesta, Hyundai i10 or i20, Renault Clio, Skoda fabia, etc.... I'd have a look at these too, may get some higher spec or more up the years too compared to Yaris.

If you see a car you like best bet is ring, see are they negotiable, tend not to discuss exact price on phone most won't entertain that, if unsure bring someone that knows their cars, do history check before you throw over the cash and take photos of the VLC before sending it off which the seller does, best thing with this is bring an envelope, have the address in Shannon on it and write free post on it, it doesn't require a stamp.

Throw up a few cars you see, we can help as best as possible to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's a lot of money to be paying for a 11 or 12 year old Yaris. I also don't think the Mk2 Yaris (2006 to 2012) was a particularly great car. They were cheaply made and the 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine sounds like a bag of spanners.

I'd have a look at something like a Hyundai i20:

ZjYxMGY5NGQyZTM2MmRlODI2MmQ3Y2M5OTkwNWFlMzXBq4wrKF3fwr-K8d4b3UzKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzgzMjE1OTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i20-2012-deluxe-1-2/27932167

Advertisement