Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hydrogen EVs and Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Suggest correcting the title, there's no hydrogen EVs. There's EVs and fool cells

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

/thread locked :pac:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Bollocks, as soon as I hear someone mouth off about co2 I loose interest altogether because they use it as psychological weapon against People in an attempt to get their way or to get people to accept their opinions, support their agenda or use it as a way to validate their nonsense, because so many people have been brainwashed by the media about co2, ie, co2 is bad ( which it isn't ) so that means anything that reduces co2 is good, it's not, not hydrogen currently because manufacturing it is a very wasteful process.

i'm all for reducing harmful emissions but please, lets stop demonising co2.

it's a long video, can anyone tell me if the production of hydrogen was investigated, the environmental impact plus how much energy it would take and what would it produced from fossil free sources ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If one is serious about climate change or environmental issues look at the oh so wonderful USA and their oil/gas fields where they leave, never cap the wells properly and huge amounts of toxic gas such as methane is released.....

Imagine if they actually done something it would make a change.....

Whatever Ireland does, such a small nation isn't going to save the world.

If one is serious about climate change or environmental issues look at the oh so wonderful USA and their oil/gas fields where they leave, never cap the wells properly and huge amounts of toxic gas such as methane is released.....

Imagine if they actually done something it would make a change.....

Whatever Ireland does, such a small nation isn't going to save the world.

Yes, Ireland is tiny and but we do have one serious issue with the amounts of plastic waste dumped in black sacks all over the Island and all along the motorways, slip roads etc and nobody picks it up and this in my opinion is a far more serious issue not to mention a serious national embarrassment and I am embarrassed when the missus German Parents come to Ireland because it really shocks them how filthy Ireland is all over the place, Germany is spotless by comparison, at least any part I saw. The rubbish tipping all over Ireland is a serious issue.

I read an article recently that stated plastic is too cheap to recycle and that's a major issue, there should be a massive tax on plastic bottles which can be reclaimed like in Germany by bringing it back to the shop but the Government just keep on about co2 and they way to solve it in without them having to do anything is to increase carbon taxes, all talk no action the only way to be seen to do anything is increase taxes as if that will solve everything.

• Advertisement

Did anyone establish yet whether the video above highlighted how the Hydrogen is to be produced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭innrain

Did anyone establish yet whether the video above highlighted how the Hydrogen is to be produced ?
    The presentation is not necessarily about the H2 but about the future of transportation and where the H2 fits in. The presenter is long ish time EV driver and discusses H2 only with the premise of green production. He has a slide where he is clear about the fact that, in my own words, we can't keep burning stuff. H2 is recommended in the case high load, high mileage transport. For personal transport is recommended a reduction of personal car usage alternatives being active travel and public transport. From my own point of view there was little new but I'm actively reading about the subject. But no there was no discussion about the energy balance of H2 production.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bollocks, as soon as I hear someone mouth off about co2 I loose interest altogether because they use it as psychological weapon against People in an attempt to get their way or to get people to accept their opinions, support their agenda or use it as a way to validate their nonsense, because so many people have been brainwashed by the media about co2, ie, co2 is bad ( which it isn't ) so that means anything that reduces co2 is good, it's not, not hydrogen currently because manufacturing it is a very wasteful process.

i'm all for reducing harmful emissions but please, lets stop demonising co2.

it's a long video, can anyone tell me if the production of hydrogen was investigated, the environmental impact plus how much energy it would take and what would it produced from fossil free sources ?

Can CO2 be used in ICU if it's not bad?
    . Re the post
    Another one for the ignore list, what a great facility:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

innrain wrote: »
    The presentation is not necessarily about the H2 but about the future of transportation and where the H2 fits in. The presenter is long ish time EV driver and discusses H2 only with the premise of green production. He has a slide where he is clear about the fact that, in my own words, we can't keep burning stuff. H2 is recommended in the case high load, high mileage transport. For personal transport is recommended a reduction of personal car usage alternatives being active travel and public transport. From my own point of view there was little new but I'm actively reading about the subject. But no there was no discussion about the energy balance of H2 production.

I've said it here many times that I believe Hydrogen will have a role in HGV use but it's pointless without clean production.

It will be interesting to see how Terrapower's Nuclear reactor testing goes, hopefully they can have a full commercial version within 10-15 years.

Doesn't need to be refuelled for 30 years because it's so efficient and can burn up existing nuclear waste, we got to overcome our fears of Nuclear power if we're to have half a chance of being energy independent in the future.

Data Centres alone will account for 30% of power sucked from our grid by 2030.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What happened to air powered cars???? Did anyone make one,

• Advertisement
Advertisement