Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 36 Captain

• 14-05-2021 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭

Torn between Salah and Kane. Possibly going with Salah.

GW36 Captain? 86 votes

Salah
    63% 55 votes
    Mane
    19% 17 votes
    Jota
    0% 0 votes
    TAA
    0% 0 votes
    Kane
    2% 2 votes
    Son
    10% 9 votes
    Bale
    1% 1 vote
    Bamford
    0% 0 votes
    Raphina
    1% 1 vote
    Dallas
    0% 0 votes
    DCL
    0% 0 votes
    Richarlison
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Mahrez
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Was all set on DCL but he doesn't have a very high ceiling and watched him at Villa and it put me off.

Was set to do Jota only after he started at United I think he'll be benched possibly. So I have ended up on Salah. Going for golden boot against a relegated west brom? Hopefully they run riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Was all set on DCL but he doesn't have a very high ceiling and watched him at Villa and it put me off.

Was set to do Jota only after he started at United I think he'll be benched possibly. So I have ended up on Salah. Going for golden boot against a relegated west brom? Hopefully they run riot.

Salah just makes sense, as WBA are relegated and they leak goals. I just have a good feeling about Kane but it is Wolves, who can be good on their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah just makes sense, as WBA are relegated and they leak goals. I just have a good feeling about Kane but it is Wolves, who can be good on their day.

I agree, also considered Kane as we've seen wolves can also be awful, when they conceded 4 to Burnley. Wide choice this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

sheroman01 wrote: »

My thinking too....going with Mo, and have TAA as a differential VC if Salah out for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Second in my league and need to be a bit less Conservative as most will go Salah. So going with TAA. He looked back to his best against United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted to go with Bale for his potential high ceiling in home games but maybe owning him is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Have it set on Kane and don’t think I’ll change my mind there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would put in on Son, as i think he is the best option, but rival will most likely pick Kane and with having closed gap - gotta go for him.

Anyone concerned that Salah could be rested, just like Mane was against United?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I would put in on Son, as i think he is the best option, but rival will most likely pick Kane and with having closed gap - gotta go for him.

Anyone concerned that Salah could be rested, just like Mane was against United?

With CL qualification on the line??? Not a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

With CL qualification on the line??? Not a chance!

It was on the line last night and he benched Mane who scored the game before...

He's unlikely to start all 4 of Salah, Jota, Mane and Bobby. Given Bobby scored two against United, very unlikely to drop him, Mane got his rest - so then it's Jota or Salah imo. Bench one with the idea of bringing the other on if things not going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Lingard

That’s a bad idea IMO

Mahrez here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Second place, 50 pts behind in my only money league of interest left. He has Kane and Salah, i have Kane so im guessing he'll go Kane to block me. Am toying with TAA or Jota as a gamble, am i mad? I need to do soemthing left field

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Second place, 50 pts behind in my only money league of interest left. He has Kane and Salah, i have Kane so im guessing he'll go Kane to block me. Am toying with TAA or Jota as a gamble, am i mad? I need to do soemthing left field

How about Mahrez??

How about Mahrez??

Dont have him, squad is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Dont have him, squad is

Antionio no dunk or veltmans need europe, will double up on jessy and free up space..

but1er wrote: »
    Antionio no dunk or veltmans need europe, will double up on jessy and free up space..

good shout actually, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Opted for Salah, golden boot and champions League to aim for... Similarly for Kane (but he isn't in my squad)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

Opted for Salah, golden boot and champions League to aim for... Similarly for Kane (but he isn't in my squad)

Same with me, I sold Kane last week to fund getting Bruno back since selling him before the Manchester derby, hopefully Son matches Kane and Salah out scores them both.... here's hoping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It was on the line last night and he benched Mane who scored the game before...

He's unlikely to start all 4 of Salah, Jota, Mane and Bobby. Given Bobby scored two against United, very unlikely to drop him, Mane got his rest - so then it's Jota or Salah imo. Bench one with the idea of bringing the other on if things not going to plan.

If Salah doesn't start I'll eat my virtual hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Have it set on Kane and don’t think I’ll change my mind there.

Ended up going with Salah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

Went with Son. Looking for a differential.

Advertisement