Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British woman killed in Greek home invasion laid to rest

Options
  • 14-05-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

British woman Caroline Crouch was laid to rest today on the Greek island of Alonisso after losing her life in a brutal home invasion which has shocked Greece.

Anyone been following this story?

The husband seems to have taken a Joe O' Reilly-esque stance of talking to the media.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Weird story, all the hallmarks of a set up. Husband tied up down stairs, she's up stairs.
    99 times out of a hundred they'd rather everyone in one spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Insta234

Weird story, all the hallmarks of a set up. Husband tied up down stairs, she's up stairs.
    99 times out of a hundred they'd rather everyone in one spot.

Yes and strange to kill one person leaving a potential witness alive ..I mean they even killed the dog so why not kill the husband?
    Time will tell..he is very shifty in the videos of him speaking.

Husband keen to talk to press, wanting to get his side out there. All so shady.

'It wasn't me it was the one armed man, when I came home there was a man in my house, he had one arm, find that man!!''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I read about this yesterday. Poor woman.
    Bizarre story. Quite a lot of cash and jewellery in the house too which was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

"Professional" Thieves won't kill anyone unless they have to.

Also she was strangled.

Bunch of drugged up nutters or something else.

Hopefully the Greek Police put someone competent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Horrible story. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Please don't call it a 'home invasion', its a particularly irritating Americanism.

We call in a break-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Please don't call it a 'home invasion', its a particularly irritating Americanism.

We call in a break-in.

In Ireland it's call an Aggravated burglary.

Advertisement