Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Land Rover Discovery Sport

Options
  • 13-05-2021 7:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Was looking for a large SUV with 7 seat's, seen a couple of these around and like the look of them. Of course said it to a mate who gave the barstool opinion "they are a ball of s**t" I expected Land Rover to be a good brand?

Just wondering if anyone has one? good/bad experience?
    Was looking to spend 30-40k on it.
    Any advice would be welcome. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

Very dated looking for a 30k car, looks very similar to an earlier 2005 discovery you would pick up for around 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Well Land Rover and reliability surveys don't have the best relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Was looking for a large SUV with 7 seat's, seen a couple of these around and like the look of them. Of course said it to a mate who gave the barstool opinion "they are a ball of s**t" I expected Land Rover to be a good brand?

Hmm.. normally don't listen to the barstool talk bit I think your friend is stone cold sober and making sense here. I know too many that got burnt with land rover. My father (discovery)my cousin (range rover vogue) my workmates and aunt (evoque)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

pippip wrote: »
    Well Land Rover and reliability surveys don't have the best relationship

95% of all land rovers ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

So I guess the feedback is they are not the most reliable vehicles on the road?

Pity as I do find them lovely looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

https://www.whatcar.com/news/revealed-the-10-most-unreliable-suvs/n21061

Have a read of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Dont mind them... Have a RR for the past three years, apart from a few glitches when new, nothing has happened since.

Had more issues with Audis than with this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Funny you said that as I’m in the same boat, I mentioned it to a friend a while back and he said the same. I asked him again recently and he said it again but both times he never said why. Could anyone here give a reason as to why and why they would be different from any other car? 35k is a bit much to be buying a bag of sh1te

Edit: just seen link above, a lot of Land Rovers in the top 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

From the website
    Reliability rating: 81.9%
    Some 43% of Land Rover Discovery Sport owners experienced trouble, with issues spanning all of our categories apart from the steering

At least the steering works :-)
    To be honest still not really turned off them. Just get a decent warranty on them and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Frankie19

I have a 191 disco sport 5 seater. While I absolutely love it.....its been in 4 times for issues.

1. Car 4 weeks old Roof rack rail cover came off and wouldnt stay back on. Fixed under warranty.

2. 1 year ago a very loud noise coming from car when going up hills. To be fair engineer came with me on a quick drive and knew what it was straight away. Something to do with heat sensor in exhaust. Fixed under warranty

3. 4 weeks ago engine check light came on. Dropped it in to them only fault they could find was it needed an oil change. Charged for the oil.

4. 2 days after getting car back after change of oil engine check light came on again....back I go to the garage. They find a major fault with the dpf sensor....apparently I'm not driving the car enough but they fixed under warranty.

I have been told I need a good motorway drive at least once a week which it's not getting at the moment due to WFH and Mat leave . There is 6 months left on the pcp and even with the issues I have had I'm thinking of getting an evoque.....i am probably mad but to be fair I had a VW Tiguan before the disco and it had even worse issues.

The only brand I have had no issues with is Mercedes....had an A class and CLA with not a single fault. Tempted to check the EQA out if I don't go for the evoque.

• Advertisement
Advertisement