Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weirdest lie you caught out while selling?

Options
  • 13-05-2021 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Recently was selling my car, and came to think after awhile have you ever caught potential buyer in lies?
    My story went along the lines, lady wanted to buy, came down twice said she got car she arrived in as loan from sister. Hers had broken, beyond repair.
    2 days later she was selling said car. And after 2 days wasting my time decided not to buy mine.
    That's fair enough - lies where honesley weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Had a lady from Limerick call me about a clean landcruiser I was selling. Very well spoken woman, sounded very articulate

She needed it for pulling a horsebox as her own jeep failed the test and she had to go to a meet at the weekend and indeed had a busy schedule planned for the jeep, and was hoping to use the jeep I was selling if we agreed a price,this was early in the week.

We agreed a price on the phone of a few hundred less than I had advertised and I withdrew the add from DoneDeal, such was her well articulated reassurances she was no messer.

This was about May 2010, I haven’t heard from her since

Advertisement