Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR Phone screening calls

Options
  • 13-05-2021 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Anyone able to shed light on my query on HR phone screening calls?

At the end of the call when HR say they will forward your CV to the hiring manager after the initial discussion, is that a NO and a way to gently let you down?

I have had about 6 calls, and with 2 of the calls they arranged an interview straight away and for the remainder they said they would get back after the review of the hiring manager, but I never heard anything further.

Thanks,
    Cora

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cora74 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone able to shed light on my query on HR phone screening calls?

At the end of the call when HR say they will forward your CV to the hiring manager after the initial discussion, is that a NO and a way to gently let you down?

Not necessarily, different companies have different processes. If HR really mean no, they'd usually say something even more wishy-washy eg we'll be in touch when we're ready to move to the next stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No, that doesn’t sound like bad news as such.

In my organisations, HR act as a filter/buffer and they don’t actively interview non-clerical candidates themselves. That is left to the department who would understand the role more.

Advertisement