Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling old bike parts

Options
  • 13-05-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any places that would recycle old bike parts or any suggestions? I'm having a clear out and I have a few wheels etc. to get rid of and I'd rather not just throw them in the bin.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably a few people here might be interested; but near me is the rediscovery centre in ballymun, who might also be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Adverts, for free section.
    Facebook marketplace, as above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm usually a little wary of giving away things for free (unless you're giving them to me)
    people will take them because they're free, not because they need them. if you want them to be used, charge a cheap but fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

i'm usually a little wary of giving away things for free (unless you're giving them to me)
    people will take them because they're free, not because they need them. if you want them to be used, charge a cheap but fair price.

Rubbish

(but mostly because I also want free things)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

i'm usually a little wary of giving away things for free....
    .....people will take them because they're free...
    Many people are also a bit suspicious of free stuff and a small charge often generates more interest.

What I do is advertise the item for a nominal fee and then just give it away afterwards to the person who is interested and who calls around for it. Did it recently for a large American style fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yeah, "free stuff" generally involves a lot of hassle, often times a lot of no-shows. Have generally found the best way to give stuff away free is to charge a nominal fee (removes it from a lot of filters) and then just don't take the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

cletus wrote: »
    Rubbish

(but mostly because I also want free things)

I have a mate who started charging a small fee for things he used to give away for free.
    Always had loads of weirdos coming to get the free stuff, and badgering him if he had any other stuff he wanted to get rid of.

Advertisement