Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Luxury' car ~15k budget

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Brian? wrote: »
    What car does he have? What does it weigh?
    No idea what it weighs but it's the R design S60.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I've an S80 D4 from the 2014 facelift model.

181bhp and it's plenty fast for a daily driver. Think the 0-100kmh is 8.1 seconds and it's more than I can use 90% of the time

Ms

What car does he have? What does it weigh?
    No idea what it weighs but it's the R design S60.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

180 is perfect for a normal car but people were only reacting to the guy saying 220 was too much for the road

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

180 is perfect for a normal car but people were only reacting to the guy saying 220 was too much for the road

180 isn’t “perfect” to me. It’s too sluggish to be enjoyable to drive. It’s completely subjective.

The OP should buy the Lexus anyway. It’s a better car than the S60 in every way IMO.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

My wife's car is a straight five 2.4L D5 @ 212bhp and leaves mine for dust but, like my own, what's the use in the daily commute.

Both deliver plenty of low range power and comfort

Ms

180 isn’t “perfect” to me. It’s too sluggish to be enjoyable to drive. It’s completely subjective.

The OP should buy the Lexus anyway. It’s a better car than the S60 in every way IMO.

The OP will buy the car that they are happy with. Both the Lexus and the Volvo S60 are great cars some better in some areas like for instance the seats in the Volvo. There is no other car company that makes seats as good or as comfortable

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

bazz26 wrote: »

That yoke is in bits... One of the several I viewed.

OP, my missus has an IS300h F-Sport the last 2 months and it's been excellent bar needing 4x door locks and a fuel flap switch but all replaced under warranty. Seeing roughly 700km to a tank with very little motorway driving. It's comfortable, yet tight enough inside for a bigger fella but in saying that I'm just very used to my own LS460.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thinking about one atm, what year superb did you buy and at what age would you expect one to start needing repairs ?

I bought a 2016 and will service regularly my family all drive skodas and have them a good few years without issue so hoping to knock a few years out of it before any problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I've had an Is 300h since 2016 and it's been a joy to own. All its cost me is an annual service, brake discs/pads, tyres and the small accessory battery. I'm at 180,000kms.

pros- Reliable, relatively fuel efficient(45 mpg), lots of extras(executive model) heated seats, auto everything, keyless entry and start, I quite
    like how it looks, the hybrid system works very well.

Cons- Quite small inside, very low to the ground, wind noise from mirrors at motorway speeds, terrible sound system unless you can get one
    with Mark Levinson, small boot(I had to get a roof box), can be loud when you plant the foot due to cvt box.

OP at 6'4 I think it might be a little cramped, but only one way to find out.

☀️

Advertisement