Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job offer, bonus? OTE?

Options
  • 12-05-2021 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello! I hope this is the right thread and doesn't break any rules. I got a job offer as follow:

Salary is 24k basic plus €500 bonus per month
    OTE for year 2 are approx. 35k and this is achieved comfortably
    4 x Life Assurance
    Contributary Pension after probation (3%)
    Laya Healthcare after probation

All of this, really confuses me tbh! In jobs I had in the past I had none of this, just a weekly payslip no bosues no healthcare no pension etc.
    Are the 500euro bonus a guaranteed thing per month? 4 X Life assurance what does that 4 stands for? Is the contributary pension paid by them not by my 24k right??
    Sorry I am very bad with these and I don't feel comfortable asking them and talking too much about money with the possible employers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

I'd imagine you would have some target to reach each month to get your bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The bonus will be based on targets related to the job.

Life assurance is paid if you die at 4 x annual salary, probably excluding bonus.

Pension will be on top of your basic but paid into a fund for when you retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Smee_Again wrote: »
    The bonus will be based on targets related to the job.

Life assurance is paid if you die at 4 x annual salary, probably excluding bonus.

Pension will be on top of your basic but paid into a fund for when you retire.

Thanks a mill! So OTE and bonus refers to the same thing? Reach certain targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Itainire wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! So OTE and bonus refers to the same thing? Reach certain targets?

OTE is On Track Earnings, so it’s basic + bonus if expected targets are hit.

Advertisement