Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner with a few questions

Options
  • 11-05-2021 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I've decided to have a go at Crypto investing.

I'm going to invest the princely sum of €50 which I'm fine to lose all of it during the learning phase.

So I've a couple of quesitons.

I've registered with
    E-Toro - bought €10 ETH and then sold it for 12 and made a tiny amount after some charges.
    The bought €20 DOGE and got out at €22
    EToro has a very easy to use dashboard / interface which I like
    Binace - I wanted to try some Shiba Inu so bought €30 of it.
    The interface is much more complicated than EToro.
    Do I need to transfer them to a 'Wallet'? I've set one up on Coinbase.
    If I just leave them what happens (they go up and down in value I assume), but what is the advantage of moving them to a wallet.

Any help much appreciated. Also anything I'm missing and should know please feel free to tell me.

(Apologies if there is a thread about this already, couldn't see one)

Thanks
    Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

For that low money it isn't really necessary to be worrying about a private wallet, just set your account up with a strong, unique password and use an authenticator app for 2FA so your exchange account is much more secure. You'd also have withdrawal fees from Binance if you sent them to a private wallet.

The advantage of a private wallet is that it's yours and yours alone, you have complete ownership of it and, as the saying goes, you are your own bank. It's worth considering that when you have invested enough that you're worried about possibly losing; at that point, look into hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

beware that doing so many transactions means quite a paperwork when your taxes are due, so make sure you keep your records tidy...

Advertisement