Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf style Galway

• 06-05-2021 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately there was a fire there last night. Extensive damage by all accounts. Massive store for golfers in the west. Hopefully be back soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

That's tough on them!!! Great shop. Especially with timing of re-opening etc. Hopefully they can get back to normal asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Always great to deal with. Massive few weeks ahead for them with golf just back and retail reopening. Hopefully they bounce back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Thats a real pity, Declan was always good to me everytime I went in.

Hopefully he can build bigger and better from it.
    He had a massive year last year he told me, back to celtic tiger sales, so hopefully he can reinvest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Thats a real pity, Declan was always good to me everytime I went in.

Hopefully he can build bigger and better from it.
    He had a massive year last year he told me, back to celtic tiger sales, so hopefully he can reinvest it.

Hopefully he can get it up and running ASAP, always good to deal with and will match any price and often better it.

He said to me last year too that he couldnt get enough stock in, it was like a month of the week before Christmas.

Edit - I've seen a video of the fire and it looks like the fire is upstairs so hopefully his trackman and most of the stock downstairs are all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Jesus that a real shame, couldn't have happened to them at a worse time either with golf just getting into full swing. Always great to deal with Declan and the guys in there. Has to be a contender for best golf shop in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Jesus that a real shame, couldn't have happened to them at a worse time either with golf just getting into full swing. Always great to deal with Declan and the guys in there. Has to be a contender for best golf shop in Ireland.

Agreed. Always bought clubs and equipment off him and always got a good return when trading back. I'd say most golfers in the West will continue to support him.
    A great man for the sponsorship also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/emergency-services-attend-scene-of-major-blaze-at-golfstyle-in-liosban-industrial-estate/

Very sorry to hear about this. Golfstyle is an institution for golfers in the West. I hope Declan and all working in there recover well from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Christ, a brilliant golf shop. Have been in it a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

GolfStyle Galway Facebook:

Dear Friends,we had a terrible fire last night in Golfstyle which wiped out our upstairs.
    Like Tiger ,we are fighters and are very determined to reopen within days at a nearby location .
    All records of deposits ,credits and customer goods are intact and clubs and trollies that people have paid for seem to be ok.We will know more later.No one will lose out!
    Thankfully after thirty years of great relationships with our customers and suppliers we are in a strong position to reopen quickly bigger and better than ever.
    On behalf of myself,my family and my staff I would sincerely like to thank the incredible Fire Brigade , Frank Dolan and his guys and also the Garda of Galway who are magnificent people .
    To our customers,family and friends and my great staff,thank you so much for your amazing support .
    The people of Ireland really show how wonderful they are when times are tough.
    What we do at Golfstyle is much more than a business to us,it’s about saying “Hello,how are you?”and being friends together in the great game we love!
    We are a wee bit down at the moment ,but no one is hurt and we will see you all again soon.
    yours sincerely ,
    Declan.

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    GolfStyle Galway Facebook:

Dear Friends,we had a terrible fire last night in Golfstyle which wiped out our upstairs.
    Like Tiger ,we are fighters and are very determined to reopen within days at a nearby location .
    All records of deposits ,credits and customer goods are intact and clubs and trollies that people have paid for seem to be ok.We will know more later.No one will lose out!
    Thankfully after thirty years of great relationships with our customers and suppliers we are in a strong position to reopen quickly bigger and better than ever.
    On behalf of myself,my family and my staff I would sincerely like to thank the incredible Fire Brigade , Frank Dolan and his guys and also the Garda of Galway who are magnificent people .
    To our customers,family and friends and my great staff,thank you so much for your amazing support .
    The people of Ireland really show how wonderful they are when times are tough.
    What we do at Golfstyle is much more than a business to us,it’s about saying “Hello,how are you?”and being friends together in the great game we love!
    We are a wee bit down at the moment ,but no one is hurt and we will see you all again soon.
    yours sincerely ,
    Declan.

Looks like they'll be able to salvage some stock which a big plus for them. hopefully downstairs wasn't too badly damaged.

• Advertisement

They have a new premises now, not sure where it is but near by. And will be open in a couple of weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Within liosbaun ind est according to their Facebook account.
    They will be thronged again once open.
    Great to see all the support locally for them not just from golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Anyone have any idea when they will be trading? I badly need a new golf bag and would really like to give them the business. Theyve always been a pleasure to deal with.

From the facebook post i think it will be a couple of weeks but im not sure. i would say start of june they will have some sort of a shop open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Supposed to be opening Monday in their new location, but delayed by a week or 2

IK09 wrote: »
    Opening Monday in their new location

That's mighty news.

Opening Monday in their new location

Thought they were hoping to open Monday but it looks like it could take another week or 2? I hope it is Monday cause I have the urge to buy something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Was on their Facebook that it'll be another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Anyone have any idea when they will be trading? I badly need a new golf bag and would really like to give them the business. Theyve always been a pleasure to deal with.

Don't be afraid to message Declan on social media. I've ordered stuff off him this way through the pandemic and he simply ships it out to you......

Advertisement