Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to mine and where to store

• 11-05-2021 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,219 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a noob about this so would appreciate some advice

I currently mine to ethermine.org and that is paid out to Exodus

Is this the best strategy?

If I want to cash out to Euro or buy more crypto what is the best sites to do it? The fees seem to be the main issue with many sites.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

fritzelly wrote: »

If I want to cash out to Euro or buy more crypto what is the best sites to do it? The fees seem to be the main issue with many sites.

TIA

I use kraken. The main fee right now will be gas(transaction fee due to a very busy ethereum network) to transfer to kraken.
    Then some small fee to convert Eth to Euro and a few cent for a sepa transfer to your bank.

Fees are better than coinbase but I only know about coinbase and kraken so there may be a better option.

If you buy crypto on kraken there is a 72 hour security delay to transfer that crypto for the first transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,219 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks

Is it better to exchange the ETH to a different crypto in Exodus before transferring it to Kraken

Thanks

Is it better to exchange the ETH to a different crypto in Exodus before transferring it to Kraken

No that would increase the fees you pay.

The kraken site has so much on it, it can be confusing. Ask if you are unsure about anything.
    But they are reliable and have been around for a long time.

Just to add I sent a sepa transaction at around 5PM yesterday and the money arrived in my bank at 9am this morning.

It's been years since I used kraken for a withdrawl to bank and I still highly recommend Kraken

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

TIA

I've used Exodus with no problems, until the recent gas hikes.

Still think, unless I'm wrong you're better off with an actual wallet on the HDD.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

I've used Exodus with no problems, until the recent gas hikes.

Still think, unless I'm wrong you're better off with an actual wallet on the HDD.
    A cold wallet is good if you don't want to worry about your pc or phone being compromised.

Exodus can't control gas prices, the advanced feature on it allows you to set it lower than the recommended gas. Just don't go too low or it may never make it.

I'm not sure if this is the best site but there are a few for calculating how much gas you should use and the estimated time difference in the transaction.https://etherscan.io/gastracker

Lots of people who don't need a rapid transaction are wasting gas and it's all going into the miners pockets.

Advertisement