Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And still no Dublin date added.
    Oh I love Ireland says Eddie, yeah right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

It will be 28th anniversary of their only gig in Finland later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

rainagain wrote: »
    Pearl Jam European tour now confirmed for 2022, dates on https://pearljam.com/tour

Think should be able to make some shows now, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Relieved! Had tickets for both Hyde Park shows. Was really worried they'd go ahead but we wouldn't be able to make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Do people think the 5 band members sit in a room with a map and go "Nah, fcuk this place. . . next"?

So so much more to it.

(And it has been documented in numerous places why Pearl Jam don't play here anymore).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Do people think the 5 band members sit in a room with a map and go "Nah, fcuk this place. . . next"?

So so much more to it.

(And it has been documented in numerous places why Pearl Jam don't play here anymore).

Money, money, money.

Money, money, money.

Precisely. There is a litany of logistics, promoters, etc that have to be navigated and if they don't won't work, they don't won't.

It's not a case of Jeff Ament or Stone Gossard going "Pfft, Ireland, yuck!"

Gone for London 1, catch Pixies too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Precisely. There is a litany of logistics, promoters, etc that have to be navigated and if they don't won't work, they don't won't.

It's not a case of Jeff Ament or Stone Gossard going "Pfft, Ireland, yuck!"

"how much would we make "?

...Nah , not enough....

#11Years

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    "how much would we make "?

...Nah , not enough....

#11Years

Man, I literally worked with MCD. Acts by in large have absolutely minimal input into the venues and cities they play. A tender-esqe invite is often submitted by management to promotors with the band's flat fee. And base level logistic, cost and expense fees. The promoters then put in for the act with dates and proposals.

The amount a band charges does not vary with the amount of tickets sold or how much the promoter charges, they also do not set ticket prices. Something so many on this thread don't seem to grasp. The only variable the act has in its price is logistics. (Ireland, as an island are naturally higher).

You surely aren't naive enough to think Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard are sitting down going "how much do we make? nah not enough".

Edit: I happen to know that Pearl Jam are about €400k (, well were 5 years ago). In both 2012 and 2014 they said "This is how much we cost, and we are free on these dates" to promoters around Europe and both our major promoters in Ireland passed. It's as simple as that. 2012 became Manchester night 1, 2014 became a second UK date too.

• Advertisement

Edit: I happen to know that Pearl Jam are about €400k

If we all chip in we could get them to come and play! Few cans in the garden, nice.

Man, I literally worked with MCD. Acts by in large have absolutely minimal input into the venues and cities they play. A tender-esqe invite is often submitted by management to promotors with the band's flat fee. And base level logistic, cost and expense fees. The promoters then put in for the act with dates and proposals.

The amount a band charges does not vary with the amount of tickets sold or how much the promoter charges, they also do not set ticket prices. Something so many on this thread don't seem to grasp. The only variable the act has in its price is logistics. (Ireland, as an island are naturally higher).

You surely aren't naive enough to think Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard are sitting down going "how much do we make? nah not enough".

Edit: I happen to know that Pearl Jam are about €400k (, well were 5 years ago). In both 2012 and 2014 they said "This is how much we cost, and we are free on these dates" to promoters around Europe and both our major promoters in Ireland passed. It's as simple as that. 2012 became Manchester night 1, 2014 became a second UK date too.

Eddie's last solo show in the 3arena grossed over 1m, that was on his own.
    The previous time he visited he sold out the 3arena and the Marquee in Cork and the average ticket was over 100 euro.
    Thats close to 1.4m euro.

Its not about money, Pearl Jams appearance fee is pretty modest by modern standards, its closer to a 800k nowadays.

They tour with a pretty modest stage setup so transport costs wouldnt be very high compared to more elaborate tours.

Pearl Jam would easily sell out the RDS, 35k tickets at 100 euro average per tickets, thats 3.5m gross, loads of room for profit in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

Available for a few more hours
    "Tune in to Pearl Jam's free stream of the their 2010 Hard Rock Calling Festival (Hyde Park, London) concert.

The stream will run through Monday, April 5th at 11:59 PM ET"

https://youtu.be/2-WWrLbEsUE

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Just finished watching it, god I miss PJ gigs!!!

Just finished watching it, god I miss PJ gigs!!!

Me too, only four hundred and sixty odd days to go...!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

"Tune in to Pearl Jam's free stream of the their 2010 Hard Rock Calling Festival (Hyde Park, London) concert.

Great stream and great concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Wouldn't they take a leaf out of u2 s book and leave it up there ffs.
    Anyone know where i could download it or get it?

Ahh fcuk...
    I was at that ..... and i missed the vid... :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Balls. I thought it was up for 30 days and only watched as far as the first encore. I'd about an hour left to watch.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

• Advertisement

You can pay for their shows on nugs.net - EDIT audio only, I thought watching was also an option on this site

I get the odd email about a discount on these, not sure if they're from the general Pearl Jam newsletter or the Ten Club newsletter.

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-pearl-jam-hyde-park-london-gb-06-25-2010-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/8644.html

Over 200 live shows available on Spotify now. Dublin 00 setlist is very good

Mushy wrote: »

That was some gig !

Had to buy a ticket off a tout, as they were sold out in minutes !

I remember buying the Cardiff CD at the time (still have it) as it seemed to me to be a really good setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dublin 00 setlist is very good

I was at the gig and bought the CD as soon as it came out. Class.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Penfailed wrote: »

That set is golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Me too. But I think I downloaded the FLACs from Basecamp rather than buying a CD and I subsequently lost them so happy to have this back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭cosatron

the stage dive at the end of black was some mixture of emotions for both Eddie and the fans. it was serene.

New Eddie Vedder solo song Long Way from his upcoming album Earthling.

Its very good, sounds a bit like Tom Petty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

25 years ago today they played The Point! I was there. Anyone else?

Advertisement