Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Ulster, Fri 7th May 8:15pm, Eir Sport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

bilston wrote: »
    Ah if that was anything more than a penalty then the game has really gone.

No, apologies, penalty was right,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Yeah. it was clearly seatbelt but what else could one of biggest on pitch do with one of smallest in circumstances

Doesn't matter. The big guy has to find another way to stop the little guy. You can't change the laws because one player is big and the other is small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ulster getting away with murder there.
    Stander had hands, Shanahan knocked on too, when Salanoa sent a lad through him.

Are you ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Collapsing a maul that wasn’t collapsed???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Doesn't matter. The big guy has to find another way to stop the little guy. You can't change the laws because one player is big and the other is small

Oh i know and im in agreement that it had to be penalised but was penalty only and not any more.

• Advertisement

Callum Reid has been very good for Ulster...althiygh has there been a scrum in the second half?

Why is Jackman talking like nobody kicks to the corner anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

He's so biased on comms it does my head in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Don't question it. #NotToland

Lol, POM shafted there

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Lol, POM shafted there

Very harsh from the replay by the looks of it.

aloooof wrote: »
    Don't question it. #NotToland

I miss Toland, he should commentate every match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭nerd69

To be fair to ulster since they got back to 15 theve dominated territory but theve done nothing with it.

Beirne should have been MOM. By far the best player on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bluedex

Lol, POM shafted there

Yeah the four previous warnings should have been ignored. Poor Pete!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Lovely stuff

bluedex wrote: »
    Yeah the four previous warnings should have been ignored. Poor Pete!

He didn’t change his bind, it wasn’t a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭nerd69

He did to be fair

Was hoping we'd win, but didn't think it'd be by that margin. Lots of positives from that, especially in the first half, some very positive stuff especially off early phases. Gav Coombes seems to be in the running for Man of the Match every time he plays lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Rewound it back to check, he was told by the ref to get out of the maul as he had changed his bind, a few seconds and then he gave the penalty when O’Mahony stayed in the maul.
    Once he let go of Murphy he had to back out of the mall and he didn’t.
    Fair call.

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    He did to be fair

I didn’t see anything in the replay, maybe need to look at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bluedex

I didn’t see anything in the replay, maybe need to look at it again

Yes, have a look.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Good win. Coombes and Beirne were the pick of the pack. I'm a little surprised Ulster didn't have more fight. Regardless of what people think of this competition it's silverware and it's basically an interprovincial series. Neither ourselves or Ulster can afford to be picky about what we win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

BJ "No Doubt" Botha has a very gentle, calming voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Daly starting to get over the rust from the Irish camp. I'd almost forgotten about Goggin, great option if he stays fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The game disintegrated in the second half but in the first half Munster played at a ferocious pace. It was great to watch.

JJ had a great game, Rory Scannell played brilliantly, Niall Scannel made an absolute nuisance of himself, Cloete was great, Goggin and Daley both played really well, , John Ryan played really well and Loughman looked really assured and confident when he came on

Klein continued his excellent season with another strong performance off the bench but the big Kudos has to go to Fineen Wycherley , Gavin Coombes and the legend Tadhg Beirne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'm enjoying the Rainbow Cup, glad we're taking it seriously, would love to see some silverware. You play to win. It's a pity the original incarnation couldn't take place as planned but there's bigger things to be worried about in the wider context of the last 14 months.

Daly looked sharp, he's played very little this season. Beirne and Coombes were the pick of the bunch, Coombes is just so dynamic and powerful - he looks to be worth a punt to see is he international standard, I suspect he will be. POM showed some lovely touches with ball in hand, he's just so skillful. I loved how we looked to keep the ball alive and our tempo was superb.

Murray is back in good form too, great to see. Some nice snipes and kept the play buzzing along. I thought Rory Scannell had a fine game in his preferred position of 12, he's been used at 13 a lot I think?

No idea how this tournament progresses in terms of who meets who but I'd love another cut at Leinster with full teams in a final

leakyboots wrote: »
    No idea how this tournament progresses in terms of who meets who but I'd love another cut at Leinster with full teams in a final

Preferably at Thomond Park (for a change)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Looking to next season, Munster should be able to field a very big physical team. Some seriously big men in the squad. Can really see them ramping up the physicality.

Advertisement