Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Zombies take over. Nuke lands. Mushroom cloud. Blank screen.

Underwhelming.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

https://www.ravensoftware.com/community/2021/04/call-of-duty-bocw-warzone-season-three-patch-notes

I'll tell you what. That's a great set of patch notes.

Lots of nerfs, few great fixes (rose skins for example). Lots of reasoning. It feels like raven were tiptoeing before and just decided to properly take ownership of the game with those.

Also NVIDIA DLSS is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm one of those people that doesn't like change. They murdered the blops guns and sykovs and probably have them in the place they should have been in the first place, if anything they may have hurt them too much.
    If you find anyone not using the AMAX in the next week you'll be lucky although they are going after that soon which is a shame as I've used it since they released it but such is life.

They really had to do something and agree it is a positive step.

I suspect those changes to the Krig and CW Ak are going to be spicy.

I personally think the Krig was almost viable already, and they've made it a lot better.

I'd have played Verdansk for years. They didn't need to update it, put zombies in it, add Cold War guns, or anything. I'd have been happy if the map had been kept in a period of "maintenance" where the gameplay, meta, and strategy developed naturally and were influenced gradually with small nerfs.

Or to put it another way, I played Dust 2 on CSGO for ****ing years. It got so close to perfect that a 1% change in the recoil pattern on the AK or M4 could shift it from being CT bias to T bias or vice versa.

But young gamers seem to have a low attention span. Warzone was desperate to stay fresh, and in doing so they completely ****ed it in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can't connect on the Xbox at all ffs.

"New Map"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think Verdansk 84 looks awesome, the graphics are so good on PS5 and it's cool seeing a lot of the familiar buildings in a different form. There's also some areas that will be interesting to explore.

BUT it's still the same map ultimately and it'll get old very quickly. After all the hype, it's underwhelming and hopefully this isn't what we're stuck with for another 12 months.

I like it a lot. They've focussed on the areas of weakness in the original verdansk and massively improved them. Particularly areas of open ground and wasteland. They have now created much more interesting topography. I just an end game around the back of Prison, the bottom corner of the map. Previously it was an open wasteland with one or two boulders - it looked like a paintball arena. Now there is quite complex terrain with great sight lines.

There was an element of "if it ain't broke" about the old map. And it wasn't. There is also something to be said for "this was our first whack at a good map, it wasn't perfect - but it was pretty good. Lets take what we learned and apply it".

I preferred tacticool cod over 80s cod. But Warzone 80s (on the IW engine) feels a lot better than CW 80s!

Big fan of the new gulag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Now it could be my Internet but **** me the lag is making this ****ing playable....I have the worst Internet in the world. It really makes me sad.

Also got ****ing hacked in the stadium...this player was under the map just shooting everybody up. Nearly threw the controller through the TV.

First time I ever got hacked on xbox....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I got one shotted by a shotgun on spawn in High Rise in MW2, (the fact that spawn sniped is a term saddens me) it made me question life in general but I decided to go on. There's not much you can do about hackers except hope the developer deals with them, sadly activision hasn't done so historically, particularly with an annual release loop.

Xbox live a **** show since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

enjoying the 1984 version. 1 solo win and quite a few final circle placings.

last night won a duo with my kid (6) . which was really good fun.

It was 6 kills (me) and 4 (him) so I'm not carrying him at all. Although he loves to rush a bit too much.

thought it was game-over as we chased a bounty target mid game and the two of us died in a lame fashion but both got out of the gulag. Although near end I got a revenge kill which was good for the soul.

was good win for me cos I was on the back of 5 days of utter gash playing and I was quite frustrated and only played cos he wanted to.

Now I feel i'm a ready to ditch the day job and become a pro streamer again :pac:

one thing that still annoys me.

some of the death I've had from sniping on certain guns just seems to easy or casual. I know it's playback and maybe not as accurate as real time but some of my deaths have looked like your man make hardly any effort and one-shot and I'm dead despite 3 plates.

I never snipe, I'm utterly useless at it. So I was surprised while watching back on some footage I'd saved from when playing drunk. I was on the roof of Superstore, spot a guy on the apartment roof a few hundred yards away, run towards him casually picking up a blops sniper from the ground, equipped it, pinged him and hit him again midair as he was jumping off the roof, so he fell to his death.

Btw, I doubled my ram from 16 to 32 gb without really upgrading clock speed or anything.

It really stabilized my warzone framerate. Most reviews reckon ram these days does almost nothing and they're probably right on a well optimized machine. But if you have a bit of bloatware, and you're not arsed keeping a clean gaming boot on your machine then a bit of Ram might make Cod more playable.

From what I hear the Cr-AMX has had it's minimum damage from 32 to 31, so an extra shot at range. I could live with that

gimli2112 wrote: »
    From what I hear the Cr-AMX has had it's minimum damage from 32 to 31, so an extra shot at range. I could live with that

It's a very very good update from raven. They seem to have hired a person specifically for gun balancing. That person is focusing on two things.

1: Gradually making as many guns as possible viable, by only minorly adjusting guns.
    2: Gradually increasing the TTK across the board so people don't get deleted as much.

For months now I've used AMAX and Strela. Amax was good enough to carry me as a lone primary weapon even in solos. I think it did need a small nerf.

I agree. I'm the same in that I've used the AMX since it launched, too often they just nerf the guns into the ground so everyone moves onto the next big thing, this should allow me keep using it.

From what I gather they've done a good job in how they've nerved the FFAR too. Small decrease in damage but made it much less mobile which powers up smgs challenging it.

I too use the strella for choppers and ehrm other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

errlloyd wrote: »
    Btw, I doubled my ram from 16 to 32 gb without really upgrading clock speed or anything.

It really stabilized my warzone framerate. Most reviews reckon ram these days does almost nothing and they're probably right on a well optimized machine. But if you have a bit of bloatware, and you're not arsed keeping a clean gaming boot on your machine then a bit of Ram might make Cod more playable.

I would not be sure that's great advice as you essentially trying to fix a problem by throwing money at it rather than just easily fixing the issue.

Just said I would say it as it wouldn't be fair for someone here to go out and buy an expensive 32GB kit thinking they will get improved framerates when it won't make any difference.

If you are going >16GB then you must have a high number of other open apps or browser tabs all running simultaneously, or something eating up RAM.

Where it might make a difference is you are streaming and have lots of tabs open at the same time or something like that, but for a "normal" machine it won't make any difference at all.

What also makes a difference is RAM speed/timings. For example Warzone on DDR4 2133mhz would have a significant difference compared to 3600Mhz.

Personally I have 16GB and Warzone runs at about 90-100fps at all times, and usually I have the usual stuff open as well - Discord, firefox with a few tabs, all the game clients running, etc.

And that's only limited by my GPU settings really. If I set the game to 1080P everything on low it runs at almost 200fps, there is no ram bottleneck at all.

Anyway, point being that 16GB is loads and Warzone doesn't benefit from >16GB at all.

It might if you have a PC riddled with stuff or running a million processes at once but it's just alot easier, costs nothing if you take 10 minutes to fix that. Again if it works for you that's fine of course but I wouldn't like to see someone going out and buying a 32GB kit of ram thinking it'll improve performance when the money could be spend on something that would make a difference (or not be spent at all)

I think I qualified what I said to a reasonable extent.

But I should have said I usually have OBS running with a replay buffer on for capturing highlights, and that eats a gig of ram I'd say.

Playing a bit of plunder with random duos yesterday. Was drinking, As it was with randoms typically we ended up doing or own thing. As I was drinking I was doing bounties solo, god knows why.

Anyway just as I closed in on my "victims" I ran out of time and suddenly I was a target from the very guys I was chasing.
    I'd ended up in quite the predicament.

Well actually a hallway with a door to the outside and a door to an internal office. I'd recently realised I should have been using amped all along but fortunately on this particular class I still had shrapnel, I had a chance.
    Found a uav in a chest in the office and double claymored the external door. A pretty good chance!

I could see one guy on the outside and the other flanking round to the office. Just as the second guy entered the office I burst through the door with a Mac 10. I had pre-empted their pincer movement and he either died of fright or I shot him, the other guy panicked, didn't rush straight away but when he did he didn't have EOD.

God I love claymores.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

using the striker smg at the min , i'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is ! paired with M4 , does the job!

I had high hopes for the striker, isn't it based on the MW2 ump? It wasn't great on release and there was so many better options at the time. It's probably gone through a few buffs since. Weapon balance is as good as it has been but in saying that it's been awful at times. I'm looking at you BLOPS guns.

anybody run into issues with recent updates
    I'd two crashes related to driver issues (as per error) no idea as eveyrthing up to date. but update became available so I did that instead hoping it would fix error.

then after update - messages saying warzone needs DirectX 12
    But ran DX Diag and it's there : DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    I seem to get in ok just clicking on errors but all time

This is PC .

Update;
    Seems Microsoft have ruined games for everybody
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/windows-10-game-performance-hit

Further update
    Played a few quick games there - seemed to work despite initial error messages.
    didn't play long cos of work just messed about chasing people with trucks and cars it only the pistol.
    but held together ok
    logged a bug anyway with microsoft and COD

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Loving the 80s action heroes thing, not ashamed to say that I forked out for John McClain :D

Having Nakatomi Plaza is Warzone is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Loving the 80s action heroes thing, not ashamed to say that I forked out for John McClain :D

got an absolutely epic win on that action hero gamemode last night, landed at nakatomi and it was complete chaos, two pistol kills straight off the drop, then I got taken out, the lads looted the lower floors and we made our escape after buying me back. Gas closed on the tower and we held a few people from the edge of the circle. Nearly got run over by 3 lads in a bertha outside plane factory but a teammate got a triple kill using the grenade launcher.

Final extraction was just outside one of the hangar doors, we had cleared out the building using an advanced UAV, but two of us got killed by lads camping the roof. Our teammate managed to kill them as they tried to push the chopper point.

we were ecstatic after it!

I have to say, I'm really appreciating the current changes they've made. Every weapon seems viable, I played a few more rounds afterwards, and it looks like my beloved Kilo / MP7 combination is going to be my loadout for the next while again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Xavi6 wrote: »

I want to buy the John McClane avator, but I don't want to buy 20 quid for it! I already have 1200 points, so only need 1200 more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

What are most of you playing on? Is anyone on the series X? Just wondering is it worth changing from PC as I’m in between GPUs

Advertisement