Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum for Singles over 40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

+1, I am not 40 but had a read of the thread in PI and it seems like this forum would be a good addition

Fair play for requesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭JoChervil

+1 Not single, but had long periods of time on my own, so can discuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

+1

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Niamh, am I allowed to post this link in other threads I think might catch interest in it?

You can if it is a suitable place and also ask mods in advance if it's ok to do so. Another option is to add a link in your signature for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

+1 please , however I am 50 on Tuesday maybe I am too old! Hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

+1 please , however I am 50 on Tuesday maybe I am too old! Hopefully not

Happy Birthday ;)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

+1

• Advertisement

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Will add my +1 (I'm over 40 and married, not interested in using the forum, but would understand the need/want for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Accidentally

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

+1

I can bé equally as awkward with same aged people in a forum as I can be in real life. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

+1 boards is aging so demand for this service could be brisk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I’m going to say +1, so long as people don’t think it’s a dating or hook-up forum. I think it needs to be carefully named.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I’m going to say +1, so long as people don’t think it’s a dating or hook-up forum. I think it needs to be carefully named.

Agreed 100%

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

+1. I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

+1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What would be so wrong with it being for dating too? So long as that wasn't ALL it was about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

quickbeam wrote: »
    What would be so wrong with it being for dating too? So long as that wasn't ALL it was about?

I for one don’t want to be receiving unsolicited pms and ‘dick pics’ on the back of posting something perfectly innocent and non dating related on a forum for single people.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement