Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relocating from the UK - will I bring back something decent?

• 07-05-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I'm currently living in the UK, but relocating back to Ireland in the next 12 months or so. As I understand it, I'll qualify for an exemption to any VRT and Nox levies.

Currently driving a Focus which had the engine replaced a few years back and has about 160k miles on the clock. Doesn't owe me anything and isn't losing me anything in depreciation.

If there was no VRT benefit, I'd simply drive the Focus until it dies, but with the possible savings to be had, my mind is starting to wander.

I'm saving manically for a house when I move back, but saying that, I could easily spare £20k to purchase something if it really made sense and still have my deposit.

We bought a 2019 Skoda estate last year to ferry the kids about, but I think we can claim exemption on one car each if relocating?

What would you do, stick with the clapped out focus until she dies or upgrade and reap the savings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭User1998

Theres been loads of threads on this already recently, best to read over those first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭onrail

User1998 wrote: »
    Theres been loads of threads on this already recently, best to read over those first

Oops sorry, I'll go have a look

Advertisement