Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rotate North watches

• 06-05-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

I'm not picking anything up at the moment but doing a bit of looking at dive watches around the €300 mark for my next purchase.

https://rotatenorth.com/collections/the-atlantic

Does anyone here have one or any knowledge of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Cassius99

Had a look at the website there...a Belfast based company apparently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Fairly generic watches, look like they are taking the MVMT model of rebranding aliexpress watchs, dont bother changing the colour of the second hand with divverent bezels. There is probably nothing wrong with the watches, as basic automatic divers, but I would find it had to buy into the brand image. A San Martin is less money and better specced if thats what you are after, or the good old seiko SKX or seiko 5 for something that has external approval.

You would pick up second hand one of the better dive seikos like a PADI on adverts for close to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

What he said! Doesn’t look there a watch brand just a brand that happens to sell a rebranded watch. Specs are ok but an unknown quality.

At your price range I’d be looking at a used or grey market Seiko King or regular turtle on Chrono24. Supremely comfortable on the wrist with the cushion case. Fully in-house with serious heritage and diving pedigree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭covey123

Fitz II wrote: »
    Fairly generic watches, look like they are taking the MVMT model of rebranding aliexpress watchs.

Yeah was thinking this might be the case after reading one online review, where the buyer was from Singapore and received the watch two days after purchasing it,so not looking like its dispatched from Belfast!

Its so boring to recommend a seiko in this bracket....but it is the one to get, you know what you are getting, brutal reliability and around so long that most of the designs are classics Stick it on a nato and you have a watch that looks very similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Its so boring to recommend a seiko in this bracket....but it is the one to get, you know what you are getting, brutal reliability and around so long that most of the designs are classics Stick it on a nato and you have a watch that looks very similar.

Well they say there's an NH35 inside so not a lot of difference.

Well they say there's an NH35 inside so not a lot of difference.

Depends on whether they use the same crowns, crown tubs, gaskets, movement retaining ring (plastic or metal), the caseback and caseback gasket. Lots of factors go into reliability not just the bones of the movement. Also the care of putting it together. You may well be right but this is an unknown quantity You could pick up a stienhart at these prices, they are build like tanks mostly.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001285292484.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.de9695ddkND0xW&algo_pvid=225b6dcc-af90-4e5b-ae3f-85e48943deb2&algo_expid=225b6dcc-af90-4e5b-ae3f-85e48943deb2-26&btsid=0b86d81916203813882568240e890f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

65 euro same movement, same case. Not getting the impression they have pulled a Solas here and overspecced the components for the love of the watches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Steinhart is actually a great shout too, loads of colour ways and styles in the sub €500 ish bracket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

I had thought it would be nice to own an (Northern) Irish watch, but if they're no better than aliexpress then maybe not so much. Anyone able to confirm?

On a related note has anyone got a Helson watch? Sharkdiver in brass is tempting me.

athlone573 wrote: »
    I had thought it would be nice to own an (Northern) Irish watch,

My thoughts exactly, would be nice to have kept it local

• Advertisement

covey123 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, would be nice to have kept it local

Its german engineered, japanese movement, chinese case and shipped from Singapore. Its about as irish as Genghis Kahn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Its german engineered, japanese movement, chinese case and shipped from Singapore. Its about as irish as Genghis Kahn

Would that be the Longford Kahn's, or the Mayo ones?

Always mixing them up. One of them are mad hurlers, they tell me.
    ;)

https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpe93k1-prospex.html

Black dial Seiko Turtle for €355

https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpe95k1-prospex.html

Pepsi bezel Turtle for €349

https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpb53k1.html

Pepsi bezel Seiko Samurai for €349.

Might be a better way to spend your money for the sake of an extra 50 quid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Orient are to Seiko what Tudor is to Rolex.

athlone573 wrote: »

I'd definitely prefer the black, but must look at the green a bit more, saw one review on youth mentioning it was more of a Teal colour which could be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Buy the Seiko in the for sale thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I have the Blue Kamasu great watch for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Cassius99 wrote: »
    https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpe93k1-prospex.html

Black dial Seiko Turtle for €355

https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpe95k1-prospex.html

Pepsi bezel Turtle for €349

https://www.timeshop24.de/seiko-srpb53k1.html

Pepsi bezel Seiko Samurai for €349.

Might be a better way to spend your money for the sake of an extra 50 quid....
    I’d love a diver, but those huuuge sizes..pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

I'm not picking anything up at the moment but doing a bit of looking at dive watches around the €300 mark for my next purchase.

https://rotatenorth.com/collections/the-atlantic

Does anyone here have one or any knowledge of them?

Picked up a similar diver to this on aliexpress a while back for around 70 quid. It's a rolex homage . It's a pagani design explorer, shipped from Czech Republic. 40mm dial. 10 bar water resistant, screw in crown. Automatic nh35 movement. Have hardly worn any of my other watches since I got this I'm over the moon with it. Will probably buy another one it's phenomenal value for the specs.
    Forgot to add it's it has a sapphire crystal dial

oldsmokey wrote: »
    I’d love a diver, but those huuuge sizes..pity

The Turtles really don't wear as big as the sizes would lead you to believe. Well worth looking into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Buy the Seiko in the for sale thread

Yeah, that's a one off. Mick a good fella. Bargain.
    Hi folks,

I had this sold on adverts but the buyer backed out. I’m putting a price or 300 euro on it which seems like good value considering what’s included.

Offering my Seiko SKX007 mod for sale. Watch on crafter blue black strap. Mint condition.

Mod list
    Nh36 regulated movement
    Signed seiko crown
    Brushed chapter ring
    Coin edged bezel
    Batman sapphire lumed bezel insert
    Mercedes style hands
    Sapphire blue tint Crystal

Strap code skx007 bracelet along with original seiko jubilee included in sale. All works carried out by watchmaker.

Original parts all included

7478-AF4-A-4-FEF-4-CB3-AC34-59-FBBF6-B69-FF.jpg
    BAE181-F2-2739-4-A9-B-A1-A8-99-FB7-CEDF23-E.jpg
    505325-BA-7998-40-A8-9-B38-914-B5-C850377.jpg
    D7-D2-CB6-D-E98-E-42-A1-A966-AFB617763-B93.jpg
    349-A4-B12-497-E-4-C69-867-B-EBF16-BBF5142.jpg
    C48695-CD-52-BC-4-A7-B-BB35-9-A59-B379-A9-F5.jpg
    9-F6-E64-FE-D571-411-C-8-FA9-D20-DBD660-E16.jpg
    D5480-F24-B3-C4-4-BDF-A5-C2-C59-C5-C4-B7-DAC.jpg
    CD4-F0175-B31-C-48-A8-80-F0-733-E0-F198-F2-F.jpg

dinorebel wrote: »
    I have the Blue Kamasu great watch for the money.

Do you have any pictures of it?

Advertisement