Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ElephantS!! The Second Part [Closing: 15th May, 6.30pm]

• 06-05-2021 8:20pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Elephant is a sheep game where the start of the next word must begin with the end letter of the word before.

c0635ff0000f897ecef86bcd2aa5cd49.jpg

Like a line of elephants walking along holding each other, trunk to tail. The Elephants get upset if their tails are not being held.

e.g.

elephanT
    TigeR
    RhinO
    OctopuS
    Seal

Simple enough, but it can end up being a total train wreck. Once you step off the path, getting back on again can be a mind****.... not that there is any set path :)

Connect the tails for these set of questions :)

*Thanks to Rikand for the intro ;) *

1. A European country
    2. A breed of cattle
    3. An English Premier League team
    4. A TV show
    5. A Covid-19 Vaccine
    6. A snooker ball colour
    7. A 90s song
    8. A capital city
    9. A Stephen King novel
    10. A game played on Forum Games

Sign Ups open till the 14th May anyways, aiming to run the reveal that weekend sometime depending on other games in the forum.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Love elephants , great pic btw , will be in !
    (As soon as I actually read the questions!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Oooooh this looks awesome and tricky! I'll definitely be in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    2. A breed of cattle
    giphy.gif

Where's Green&Red when you need him? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

giphy.gif

Where's Green&Red when you need him? :pac:

That's too bloody cute :)
    So how does one "win" this game? :D

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's too bloody cute :)
    So how does one "win" this game? :D

Sheep is a game where you try to pick the most popular answer for a question, so that still applies here.

Difference is in Elephant your answer to each question has to start with the last letter of your previous answer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

With some shoehorning, I am in! :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Neowise

getting from 5 to 6 is proving tricky, i might have to make up a vaccine.

Neowise wrote: »
    getting from 5 to 6 is proving tricky, i might have to make up a vaccine.
    This wikipedia page helped. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hurray!!

I loved the last one of these - even though it completely melted my head!

Will get straight on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

ari101 wrote: »
    With some shoehorning, I am in! :pac:

Me too but wow, my answers are so bad I shuddered a bit when I clicked send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Great, now I have to review different cattle breeds. I know zero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The winning entry has just been submitted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This is really tough...

I likes it :D

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Great, now I have to review different cattle breeds. I know zero

I like to think of it as an educational question :pac:

Purgative wrote: »
    Me too but wow, my answers are so bad I shuddered a bit when I clicked send.

Yup sheep are unlikely unless (even if) many end up in the same tunnel vision path :D

I like to think of it as an educational question :pac:

Haha, farm stuff I'd somewhat forgotten now remembered :p

Google is great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jesus I've just had to give up on my third list trying to make this poxy thing work. Necro is off the christmas card list with their stupid totally fun game ideas. Honestly, 200 recognised breeds of cow in a list from the the British Cattle Tracing System and not one of them ends in a letter I need it to end with.

:D

Who knew cattle would be the cause of my excommunication from Forum Games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

OK, I have a chain! :)

There's a couple of answers that are really shoehorned in though, so I'm not entering yet and will come back to it later to see if I can improve it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Google is allowed right?

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    Google is allowed right?

if it isn't then my submission is 95% cheated.

cee_jay wrote:
    Google is allowed right?

Sure is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've entered.
    I was just about to send my list when it struck me that my 90s song was released in the 80s :mad: grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

giphy.gif

awwh wow, he/shes such a cutie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I missed a question and had to re-do it. :mad: Oh these heffalumps can be infuriating.
    There is a question where as far as I can see you can only give one correct answer, that is what nobbled me for ages.

Necs do you come up with your own set of answers while you are working out the questions? It'd be interesting to see what you choose afterwards if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I missed a question and had to re-do it. :mad: Oh these heffalumps can be infuriating.
    There is a question where as far as I can see you can only give one correct answer, that is what nobbled me for ages.

Necs do you come up with your own set of answers while you are working out the questions? It'd be interesting to see what you choose afterwards if so.

There's no answers or question numbers in the spoilers below just some comment on the bold.
    Yeah, without saying too much I suspect I had the same problem where it appeared to me that two questions had to be specific answers/combination to be a valid tail to trunk Unless I've really scuffed it :0

Sometimes, not always. Have I done it here...? Who knows :D

There's no answers or question numbers in the spoilers below just some comment on the bold.
    Yeah, without saying too much I suspect I had the same problem where it appeared to me that two questions had to be specific answers/combination to be a valid tail to trunk Unless I've really scuffed it :0

Well this is sheep so there are no wrong answers right? :pac:

I had to use some obscure stuff / versions of things to make it work so I doubt mine will sheep, but I made them all link :D

• Advertisement

I've only been working on this for about 10 minutes but already I just wanna get hold of Necro and like....

tenor.gif

Ya know?!?

Advertisement