Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5m x 2.5m log cabin

• 03-05-2021 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get one out in my garden as a tv room/play room.

It will be 5m x 2.5m and 2.5m in height.

It will not be a bedroom and won't have any running water.

My question is if I need planning permission for this? All the cabin companies say that I don't but it seems to be a grey area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Doubtful if permission would be required based on the info provided. You will need to have 25m2 of open space remaining in the rear or side garden.

Have a look at planning leaflet 8 here which is handy for checking what you can do at home without planning permission and it also shows the conditions applicable to the exemptions. Question 7 is applicable in your case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get one out in my garden as a tv room/play room.

It will be 5m x 2.5m and 2.5m in height.

It will not be a bedroom and won't have any running water.

My question is if I need planning permission for this? All the cabin companies say that I don't but it seems to be a grey area.

Thanks

It’s about 12 square meters footprint.
    Less internal area.
    Height is fine.
    What size garden will you be left with and have you any other sheds, garages or similar structures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

We will have 27 square meters left.

We do have one small extension onto the house, it was put in when it was being built.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement