Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydraulic ram repairs

Options
  • 04-05-2021 10:23am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's a small dent on a loader ram, I'll probably need a new barrel and seals for it. Has anyone got one repaired or am I better off just buying a complete new ram?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

blue5000 wrote: »
    There's a small dent on a loader ram, I'll probably need a new barrel and seals for it. Has anyone got one repaired or am I better off just buying a complete new ram?

What make loader? I presume it is the tilt ram that is damaged? Normally would be cheaper to get repaired, but some of the tilt Rams can be tricky because they have a second gland in the base of the cylinder.

What part of the country are you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What make loader? I presume it is the tilt ram that is damaged? Normally would be cheaper to get repaired, but some of the tilt Rams can be tricky because they have a second gland in the base of the cylinder.

What part of the country are you?

Sorry should have said it’s a single acting ram. It is on a brody rear loader, am in N Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sorry should have said it’s a single acting ram. It is on a brody rear loader, am in N Tipp.

There’s a guy in Leitrim Maguire Engineering who is repairing hydraulic rams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

M & L in Clonmel, they will repair it.

Got it done with Hinch engineering in Tullamore, thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

New barrel welded on to the old base, new seals fitted to the old ram, €130 incl vat for a single acting ram that is approx 71cm closed and 112 extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Sounds not too bad of value compared to some repairs you would pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Great value compared to the two or three local companies ( all based around Mohill, Co. Leitrim)

From a few quotes I got, your bill would have been €400+ with the Leitrim lads.

I dropped in an old assistor ram off the tractor to them when I collected that one, so the 400 bill could come yet. Hinch's are in the old Tanyard industrial estate just off the square in the middle of town. He was saying if any steel has to come from England it takes 3 weeks now.

How long are the rams you are talking about? Setting up a lathe to thread the inside of the barrel takes time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It was a single-acting lift ram from a Grays loader.

He wouldn't give a definate price before it was made, but said "at least 400, plus VAT"

Saw a complete loader on DoneDeal for 400 and bought it, just to get 1 ram.

The 3 bank ConTak valve chest and flexi controls were worth that on their own.....

Advertisement